• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke has a live cam- as of today.

oldtimer

Late to the game and not as sophisticated as many, but it is nice to have a live cam online from Burke. Thanks to the Burke team.

JPTracker

Steve Wright had said that Jay didn't have a Web Cam because he couldn't find any they liked. Does this mean they found one and Jay will be getting one soon?

oldtimer

I had heard from Jay that they couldn't find one they likesd. I/M/H/O the Sugarloaf cam is the best. Being able to control it, sweeping the entire mountain etc- very well done. Likely not a cheap solution, but a nice one when it is up and running.

mriceyman

Steve Wright had said that Jay didn't have a Web Cam because he couldn't find any they liked. Does this mean they found one and Jay will be getting one soon?

was thinking the same thing. it works great on my end. i hope jay gets a couple soon.

fbrissette

Yep. I could never understand that. Web cams are all over the world and yet, none is good enough for Jay.
The one at Burke works fine.

gregnye

But honestly, where would jay put it? If it was on the top on the upper tram house looking down to Bonnie peak/valley would be great, but most of the time you would only see snow or it would be covered in ice!

I am thinking this location of where I took this picture would be ideal! IMG_13.jpg But most of the time it the cam would look like this! IMG_18.jpg EDIT: The first picture even advertises's their waterpark!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Must be my browser at work. And welcome to the newbies, SkiRaceParent and oldtimer. Keep posting on Burke!

thetrailboss

Staff member
But honestly, where would jay put it? If it was on the top on the upper tram house looking down to Bonnie peak/valley would be great, but most of the time you would only see snow or it would be covered in ice!

I am thinking this location of where I took this picture would be ideal! View attachment 6985 But most of the time it the cam would look like this! View attachment 6986 EDIT: The first picture even advertises's their waterpark!

Nice pics BTW. The top one is my new wallpaper!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just watched the cam for a few minutes. Mtn is open but no one there apparently. The lift is cranking away with no one on it.

I saw that, which is sad to see those empty chairs going up. I also see that the snowmaking that they claim was supposed to be taking place on Lower Bear Den and Lower Warren's is not happening.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just looked again and see a few people now on the chair and a snowcat pushing out snow on Warren's.