• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Butternut - 3.6.16

gmcunni

Butternut
Sunday 3/6/16

or as my daughter likes to call it - Butt Nut

break in my new boots day today. was hoping for sunshine and soft snow. got sunshine, not so soft. conditions are OK. alternating patches of boiler plate and scrapped off snow stuff.

arrived for noon, parking lot packed but found a spot near the front, which was my goal. Since i was breaking in new boots i left my old ones and an old pair of skis in the car in case i needed to switch out (new boots shorter sole so had my bindings adjusted) and wanted quick access.

100% open, but that's not hard for the S New England places which rely more on snow making than natural. coverage was good but with 60+ degrees and rain in the forecast it could be a short spring.

bnut-3.6.16.jpg

Last edited:

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I had a season's pass here from about 2000 to 2004. Hadn't been back until just two weeks ago. Had soft snow, sun and a blast.

bdfreetuna

Definite advantage for smaller mountains with less acres to cover with snow this season. Probably easier to keep everything well groomed for the most part as well.