• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 2/28

Puck it

Beuller? Beuller?

Anyone going to be out? I think I will hit it Thurs. to avoid any wind problems.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I'm a maybe. I have so many non-Cannon vouchers to use. But if Cannon gets slammed with a jackpot, I'll be there. Less than 50% chance right now, we'll see what happens. Already have the day off no matter what, though.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I'll check back in tomorrow. We'll see how things play out in the next 24 hours. Considering Magic (may open Thurs) and MRG and Cannon is currently the backup plan if VT totals suck. Kind of feel trapped by my vouchers right now, not a lot of time left to burn through 19 tickets. :)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I'm looking at Magic or MRG. I don't like the setup for Cannon. Only a dusting at Cannon but 4-8" at Loon? Not sure how the pattern will shift overnight but the snow isn't getting there right now. Eastern Whites are going to do much better than western. I'm sure it will still be good at Cannon but I can't imagine they'll get more than Magic or MRG at this point.

Puck it

Bagged it. Cannon got a dusting. I knew that hole over Cannon yesterday on the radar was a bad omen. I will be going tomorrow with my company coming in tonight.

Cheese

I did the same but for a different reason. It turns out "no friends on a powder day" can have multiple definitions.

xwhaler

Interesting that Cannon got dry slotted out of this one. Loon reported 13"...Pats claims 15", Sunapee claims 11", Ragged at 10"....definately an "upper valley" jackpot

Puck it

Interesting that Cannon got dry slotted out of this one. Loon reported 13"...Pats claims 15", Sunapee claims 11", Ragged at 10"....definately an "upper valley" jackpot

I just can not bring myself to buy a Loon tix. And I thought about Sunapee until I saw the report that the whole mountain mowed down!!!!

hammer

How about Ragged? Can be real nice when they get a lot of natural...

Also looks like Magic got a decent amount. One trip last year on a sloppy seconds day, well worth it.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Bagged it. Cannon got a dusting. I knew that hole over Cannon yesterday on the radar was a bad omen. I will be going tomorrow with my company coming in tonight.
Yea, something just looked weird with the setup, it just didn't favor Cannon. Wildcat and that area did well though. I think I made a good decision on Magic.