• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Mountain...thoughts

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
You've got several Cannon regulars here stating Mittersill would be nothing like Cranmore, even with expanded snowmaking and grooming.
The same Cannon regulars who denied anything was done to the upper Taft Trail? And then they started grooming over the saddle?

Outside of their comparable vertical, the two areas are NOTHING alike.
Oh, so Cranmore is flat as a pancake and Mittersill is as steep as Castlerock?

This is almost as bad as your comparison of old Crotched Mountain to Sunday River.
Which comparison? Perhaps one you're taking out of context? No, you're too classy for that.

bobbutts

Agree with Jack completely. That's the #1 reason why I am anti-lease. Cannon would just become a steeper Sunapee. B-O-R-I-N-G and expensive. Mind you, I do love the seeded bumps at Sunapee. But, it's truly the only redeeming quality of the area.

What a garbage post.. Cannon will never ever turn into Sunapee no matter who manages it. Say what you want about Sunapee but before lease it was a B-O-R-I-N-G hill with bad lifts, bad snowmaking, bad marketing, etc.. Post it's the same B-O-R-I-N-G terrain, but with better snow and faster lifts. Nobody is going to keep it from getting busy and scraped off on weekends, prices are reasonable, especially midweek passes, there are good specials. Yes, it's just a tier below the most expensive places on weekends, but what do you want them to do? the demand is clearly there. It seems like the people who work there and visit all love it, you are obviously too good for Sunapee busy hitting the extreme high peaks of Ragged and Gunstock and Shawnee peak or wherever else you go.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
What a garbage post.. Cannon will never ever turn into Sunapee no matter who manages it.

I agree...it's funny that I'm called out for comparing the vertical and length of Cranmore vs. Mittersill, yet someone can say Cannon's terrain will become Sunapee's if privately run.

SIKSKIER

Things that are less painfull than this thread

You'll excuse me while I have a couple root canals.We get it Threecy.You are not going to change any of the members minds here that don't agree with your position.The reverse is true also.If you feel that to continue down this road here helps your case,I think you are mistaken and the opposite is true.I think you need to find another outlet to unload your agenda on fresh ears.Mine have become deaf.

deadheadskier

Staff member
close the thread?

I think every angle that can be covered, has been covered. Sikskier is correct.

bobbutts

close the thread?

I think every angle that can be covered, has been covered. Sikskier is correct.

might as well just close down the whole forum while you're at it
I think we've discussed all the possible things there are to discuss about NE skiing

deadheadskier

Staff member
might as well just close down the whole forum while you're at it
I think we've discussed all the possible things there are to discuss about NE skiing

I asked a simple question.

It is not uncommon for message forums to close topics when they reach a point where the only thing that the topic continues to generate are flame wars. I've been guilty of it in this thread. Threecy has and so have you.

There's really nothing more to accomplish with the thread as sikskier pointed out.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I asked a simple question.

It is not uncommon for message forums to close topics when they reach a point where the only thing that the topic continues to generate are flame wars. I've been guilty of it in this thread. Threecy has and so have you.

There's really nothing more to accomplish with the thread as sikskier pointed out.

Even though I have nothing of value to contribute to the content of this thread, I think closing threads that have devolved into a circular argument that has no resolution/agreement is bad idea for this forum. It does help pass the dull summer months. Just let the thread die out naturally (only to be resurrected the next time someone in NH gov decides to bring up leasing :p).

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com

Ah, so responding to your flames means I'm guilty of participating in a flame war. Got it.

If closing this thread helps you with self control, go for it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ah, so responding to your flames means I'm guilty of participating in a flame war. Got it.

If closing this thread helps you with self control, go for it.

:lol:

who has a self control issue?

That jab certainly came without instigation on my part.

UVSHTSTRM

Actually you can close this one down....word has it that another unrelated Cannon topic has arisen:-D. The way it looks now, this topic will some how be tied in to the new Cannon topic. Welcome to CannonZone, I mean AlpineZone.........it's all Cannon all the time!:popcorn:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like Cannon has sponsored a local racer:

270806_239666969394140_131074673586704_944796_3395388_n.jpg