• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Mt on the History Channel

SIKSKIER

I watched the dumbest reality show I've ever seen last night on the History Channel.Cannon had much input as far as location and the WOW factor of carrying a car suspended under the tram so the bozo could take a "shortcut" over Cannon on their way along the Appalachian trail.It was easy for me to see that most of the program was shot around Cannon while this moronic footage says "were in Me,then NH,Vermont and on and on while I keep seeing shots of Franconia Notch.If you want to see how bad reality TV has come then watch this whole show.Uuhhgg.
http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/appalachian-trail?m=5189717d404fa&s=All&f=1&free=false

Attachments

• cannoncar.jpg
    cannoncar.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 127

wa-loaf

The US version of Top Gear is a poor shadow of the original.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I watched that last night and didn't know if I should be giggling or shaking my head at the absurdity. :popcorn:

The editing was very poor. During the in car dialog scenes they would change from Interstate to rural back road between frames.

SIKSKIER

I saw the same Franconia mountains in Me,Mass,Penn,and Virginia.Its easy to pick out the Notch Parkway as it has a distinct center guardrail that was installed a few years back.

Puck it

So Top Gear is responsible for the damage on to the Taft Trail!!!

they also park at the bottom of the Tram to go up then back down. LOL.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I'm pretty sure they never left NH for the entire shoot. The "other state" scenes look like they were filmed in the general Franconia/Easton area. They did send a cameraman over to the Vermont border to get a shot of a "Welcome To Vermont" sign. I think that may have been the weakest episode I've ever scene on that show. I was excited at first with the premise but the execution was terrible. Granted, getting filming permits for 14 states and moving a production crew around that much area is very expensive.

Ideas that would have made this better:

Turn down the script a few notches (see what I did there :) ) and just isolate the show to challenges in and around the ruggedest part of the AT which goes through NH and Western ME.

Mt Washington Auto Road challenge.

Team O'neil Rally School in Dalton, NH

See how many stinky AT through hikers can you fit in your car. :thumbup:

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

they also park at the bottom of the Tram to go up then back down. LOL.

Yup noticed that too. Also the Montero drove up only to drive back down to the base of the tram where it started.

The "acting" was terrible, and attempts at witty humor fell flat on their face.

I've never heard the cannon tram referred to as a "gondola" either.

Last edited:

Quietman

Come? It was just as bad as it is now as it was on day 1, it's just that you've now had a look behind the curtain.

It's worse than that, it's unwatchable.

All "realty" shows are such complete BS, and are unwatchable. Enough said!! If the channel doesn't get changed in 5 seconds, it's because I can't find the remote, or unplug the TV fast enough. This is a great example of this type of stupidity. The ads almost got me to tune into this, glad I resisted the temptation.

Last edited:

Domeskier

All "realty" shows are such complete BS, and are unwatchable.

Makes me nostalgic for the days when Bob Vila seemed as bad as you could get. That being said, I'll watch any show where they drive a big rig over a frozen pond.