• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cathedral Glen expanded?

tnt1234

I hiked up the cathedral glen trail at Belleayre last weekend and it seemed to me they extended it a pitch two longer and put in a formal hike out trail, where as you used to either ski out, or take another pitch and bushwhack out....

Am I just remembering things wrong, or was there an expansion last year? Not sure if I skied it at all last year.

Bandit2941

There was no expansion, that’s the original hike out. About 15 years ago they re-graded the ski out but going beyond that the hike out is the same. If you keep going it brings you down to the glen pond, then the railroad tracks and pine hill.

They might have added some new signs recently so maybe it looks more official?

tnt1234

Yeah, maybe the signs are new...huh.

Or maybe it just looks different hiking up rather than skiing down. But I remember the hike out being more of a bushwhack. Must be misremembering.