• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Central VT/NY condition on the ground (and in the woods)?

abc

How do the central resorts of VT/NY fare after the warm up of this past week, especially Friday? Seems like they didn't lose in trail count. But what the surface condition is like, both on the groomers and in the woods.

My random trajectory for the holiday weekend would have me within striking distance of central VT/NY mountains such as Gore, Magic or Pico come Monday. But am not enthused to endure the crowd and lines if it's mostly just icy skied-off hard packs.

Most mountains are showing their woods "open" but I do wonder what the condition is like after the thaw-freeze cycle of Friday.

Those of you who braved the crowd on Saturday, care to post trip reports or just chime in here?

skisheep

How do the central resorts of VT/NY fare after the warm up of this past week, especially Friday? Seems like they didn't lose in trail count. But what the surface condition is like, both on the groomers and in the woods.

My random trajectory for the holiday weekend would have me within striking distance of central VT/NY mountains such as Gore, Magic or Pico come Monday. But am not enthused to endure the crowd and lines if it's mostly just icy skied-off hard packs.

Most mountains are showing their woods "open" but I do wonder what the condition is like after the thaw-freeze cycle of Friday.

Those of you who braved the crowd on Saturday, care to post trip reports or just chime in here?

Whiteface looks great from their pictures on Facebook, they are close to 100% open(only missing empire, upper northway, blazers, and some of the glades+slides). Didn't make it up there this weekend, but heard from friends conditions are great, and as long as you stay out of the base area lift lines aren't too bad.
-skisheep