• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

chainsaw

SKIQUATTRO

borrowed a buddies echo....on the last cut, the throttle lever got stuck in the 'up' position, wouldnt release, thus the chain wouldnt stop...i flipped the toggle to off to kill the engine, but can seem to get the throttle lever unstuck...would like to fix before giving back to him,,,any ideas?IMG_1834.jpgIMG_1835.jpg

Cheese

Is that a throttle lock (orange button) in the second picture? Seems rather unsafe on a chainsaw but I can't think of what else a button in that location would do?

ctenidae

Give it back to him locked on and sue him for laoning youdefective equipment.

Or, see if you can get a grip on the trigger with a pair of channel locks adn pull it out, at least to free it up.

Failing that, stage an elaborate break in to your garage and buy your uddy a new one with the insurance proceeds.

Cheese

Likely either sawdust or vibration caused the failure. This is a stretch, but it almost looks like there might be some rust on at least one of the screws holding the handle together. There's a chance that this happened to your buddy and he already fixed it once. Might be worth a phone call even though you have to admit you "broke it". Otherwise see if you can disassemble the handle. Be cautious as there's likely a spring or two connected to small pieces that you don't want to fall out of place before you see how they go back together. Good luck!

Puck it

Take apart handle. There is a spring on the trigger. It is either broke but since it is popping back up. I suscpect it may have become dislodged.

SKIQUATTRO

i made the call to my buddy, seems like he just had this issue and will bring it back to the repair shop....still gave him a 6 pack.

Glenn

There's usually a small spring in there that snaps the throttle back in place. I'm guessing that spring fell of a guide...or a guide snapped off. Either way, probably just a few bucks in parts to fix.