• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

drjeff

This thread is pure blasphemy!!! Way too much snow, across all New England ski areas right now to even ponder this!!!! ;)

mbedle

Got to agree, way to early to be thinking about this. But it does bring up a good point - its a shame that places like Stowe are closing a week earlier this year. Given the amount of snow and cold temps, going to be a lot of hiking up the hill in mid April.

BenedictGomez

Got to agree, way to early to be thinking about this. But it does bring up a good point - its a shame that places like Stowe are closing a week earlier this year. Given the amount of snow and cold temps, going to be a lot of hiking up the hill in mid April.

Stowe isnt going to be open in mid-April? Where'd you here that?

Jcb890

Sorry guys! I like to plan ahead when I can. I've also never boarded in April or May, so I'm a "newbie" when it comes to Spring Skiing.

SkiingInABlueDream

Seriously??? No NO NO it is way toooo early for this thread!! My roof finally stopped leaking a couple weeks ago, I'm back from a nearly-snowless Utah trip, I've got 5 weekends here before I'm at Bechelor for an early-spring trip and I DO NOT want to feel like the season is winding down already!
I I I I I I :)
<insert meme of bratty toddler pounding a spoon on a highchair>

Last edited:

Scruffy

Every year, I make at least one, some years several pilgrimages to Stowe, always within the months of Jan-Mar. The town was always a buzz and hotel/motels packed and restaurants busy. A few years ago, we had a lot of snow, and I trekked up first week in April. I was very surprised how dead everything was. A lot of the hotel/motels were either already closed for the season, or they were limping along on reduced staff. Very few visitors, the mountain was empty, only diehards. Stowe, like so many other resorts, reacts to the business model that make sense based on customer numbers, not amount of snow.
As an aside note: I was up there in mid December this year and was also surprised to see a number of Hotels were not yet up a running for the season.

abc

Sorry guys! I like to plan ahead when I can.
"when you can". But you can't, not in this case!

Majority of closing dates are snow (and customer) dependent. With this much snow around, and the cold temperature keeping people from doing their "spring things", many mountain WILL stay open at least a couple extra weekends, as long as there are customers coming.

When you "plan" with faulty information, that's not a plan but an excuse (for doing or not doing certain things).

I've also never boarded in April or May, so I'm a "newbie" when it comes to Spring Skiing.
If you're indeed a newbie in skiing/boarding, you're forgiven for such poor attempt to make useless "plan". But if you're not a newbie but never boarded in April? You're a...loser.

Sorry for being harsh.

Savemeasammy

This thread needs to be deleted, and the op's mouth needs to be washed out with soap!

Talking about closing already...??! Please make it stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steamboat1

Why delete this thread? I've already received a couple of e-mails from ski areas announcing they're staying open longer than originally scheduled. Both Pico & Mt. Ellen are staying open an extra week past their originally announced closing date. If the ski areas themselves can talk about it why can't we?

slatham

Lets keep it positive! Bromley, a south facing mountain in So VT has already announced plans to be open an additional weekend taking them into mid April. While the title of this thread is depressing, it is reality. But the reality is skiing should stay good much later than normal so I'm staying half full! I just hope I get to the Killington glacier in late April or May.

Jcb890

On Killington's site I don't see tickets available for purchase past the end of April.