• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cold wet feet!

Jersey Skier

Hotronics work well. I usually only need them on the lowest setting. But, starting the day with a warm boot really helps. I've been using a Hotgear Heated boot bag since I bought my last pair of boots. I needed it because I just couldn't get my boots on, but the benefit of toasty foots helps.

Finally, some boots (mine) leak big time. Some duct tape across the front and under the lower two buckles keeps the moisture out completely.

drjeff

A secondary, EASY way to get your boots warm on the way to the mountain before you put them on, is about 30 min before you get to the mountain, open up a pack of hand warmers, throw one in each boot, and then put a ski sock balled up in the top of your ski boot to "seal" the heat in.

You end up with a warm boot, warm, dry ski socks to put on and lastly a hand warmer already at "operating temperature" before you put them in your gloves!

If you use both hand and foot warmers, put both in your boots under the balled up ski sock

dlague

A secondary, EASY way to get your boots warm on the way to the mountain before you put them on, is about 30 min before you get to the mountain, open up a pack of hand warmers, throw one in each boot, and then put a ski sock balled up in the top of your ski boot to "seal" the heat in.

You end up with a warm boot, warm, dry ski socks to put on and lastly a hand warmer already at "operating temperature" before you put them in your gloves!

If you use both hand and foot warmers, put both in your boots under the balled up ski sock

That is pretty clever! Best advice IMO so far. Technically - I generally never get cool feet. I buy my boots a size up from a tight fit so I have wiggle room for toes and IMO better circulation. That is my theory and I am sticking to it since it works for me. I do like dfjeff's idea though. Oh and when you go inside unbuckle you boots. A fried of mine in buckles every time before he gets on the lift. Says his feet stay warmer that way. To each there own.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

That is pretty clever! Best advice IMO so far. Technically - I generally never get cool feet. I buy my boots a size up from a tight fit so I have wiggle room for toes and IMO better circulation. That is my theory and I am sticking to it since it works for me. I do like dfjeff's idea though. Oh and when you go inside unbuckle you boots. A fried of mine in buckles every time before he gets on the lift. Says his feet stay warmer that way. To each there own.

I will admit that probably for 90-95% of my families ski days were lucky enough to literally just pull our boots off the dry-guys radiant heat drying racks we have in our condo, put them on, hop on the shuttle and we're on the lift 10 minutes later, but on days like tomorrow, where my kids have an away race and we're driving there, we do that trick with the hand/toe warmers all the time

deadheadskier

Staff member
I will admit that probably for 90-95% of my families ski days were lucky enough to literally just pull our boots off the dry-guys radiant heat drying racks we have in our condo, put them on, hop on the shuttle and we're on the lift 10 minutes later, but on days like tomorrow, where my kids have an away race and we're driving there, we do that trick with the hand/toe warmers all the time

I bought these a couple of years ago for drying. If I'm skiing back to back days they do great at drying out my boots without having to remove the liners. They can be plugged into the DC outlet of a car too. Never thought about using them on the ride to the hill to preheat my boots.

Attachments

• 1455502440544.jpg
    1455502440544.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 49

Hawkshot99

Skied this morning. -17 bef ore any wind chill. I ski in Dalbello Panterra 130's with Intuition Liners. My feet were great. No Hotronics, or toe packs. I only skied 2 hrs, as I had to go to work but could have gone much longer. I fully support Intuition Liners.

JDMRoma

I bought these a couple of years ago for drying. If I'm skiing back to back days they do great at drying out my boots without having to remove the liners. They can be plugged into the DC outlet of a car too. Never thought about using them on the ride to the hill to preheat my boots.

Just got them this year, nice having them plugged in on the ride up !
They seem to work well !!