• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

considering quebec

BenedictGomez

If you have any interest in skiing good snow this year go to the Tremblant area right now. Granted, this storm may mess things up a bit but there is a LOT of snow.

Net gain. Then rain. But models have them picking up another 8" or 10" a few days after that. Rich get richer.

petergriffen

I'm ready to go...time to convince the wife and get a babysitter. Where have some people stayed before for cheap close by.

crank

Le Massif snow report says 26cm and some rain/icing...then they go on to hint you may want to only ski where the groomers have had a chance to work.

Tremblant sounds similar with 10cm snow and rain, also mentioning a grooming strategy.

The only escape from this crappy so called winter seems to be the airport.

ironhippy

Today is going to be hard on Le Massif, calling for heavy rain, they might get a rain snow mix.

This weekend may be redeeming though, they are calling for snow on Saturday for the Quebec City region.

My town is getting hammered with rain today and we have no significant snow in the forecast, our hill is going to be in rough shape. We faired ok after the rain last week, but I don't think the non snow making trails will survive two weeks in a row.

KustyTheKlown

i'm so on the fence. jay should get new snow tonight. tremblant rooms are cheaper. tremblant lift tix are cheaper. quite the long haul in the car. worried about quebec vacation week. i dunno what to do. i'm packing my car now and throwing in the passport and only enough pot to smoke before i hit the border.

VTKilarney

i'm so on the fence. jay should get new snow tonight. tremblant rooms are cheaper. tremblant lift tix are cheaper. quite the long haul in the car. worried about quebec vacation week. i dunno what to do. i'm packing my car now and throwing in the passport and only enough pot to smoke before i hit the border.

Both Jay and Tremblant are affected by Quebec vacation week.

tnt1234

Go to Tremblant if you can stay till Monday.

Driving alone?

KustyTheKlown

Go to Tremblant if you can stay till Monday.

Driving alone?

cant stay thru monday, would have to drive home sunday afternoon/evening. would have my girlfriend but thats basically driving alone. she doesnt drive. city girl through and through.

snoseek

That grip on your ski pole comes off just saying lol

KustyTheKlown

i just booked a hotel near jay. driving back in a snowstorm sunday night has me concerned and i cant stay over. looks like snow tonight and snow saturday night so maybe sunday is a pow day. i have an owl's head voucher and so does the girlfriend, so maybe we go there saturday.