• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crashed groomer/new Jay Peak run

fbrissette

groomer.jpg
Happened yesterday morning, just off of Ull'rs, right below the Wedelmaster. It is a lot steeper than it looks on the pic. They tried to winch it out with another groomer but could not. They had to open up a 300-400 ft long swath behind the groomer to get it out. Nice new trail, with a 30+ degrees entrance.

bdfreetuna

Does this new run fully connect between two other trails?

New trail name suggestions? Should probably name it after the guy who crashed the groomer in there.

BenedictGomez

To further triangulate this, looking at the trail map, is this cut out of the triangle of woods formed by JFK, Wedelmaster, and Ullr's Dream?

Wow! I guess that's one way to get some new terrain.

If it happened to be a somewhat old groomer, I'm sure the conspiracy theories will commence!

fbrissette

To further triangulate this, looking at the trail map, is this cut out of the triangle of woods formed by JFK, Wedelmaster, and Ullr's Dream?

If it happened to be a somewhat old groomer, I'm sure the conspiracy theories will commence!

It is indeed in this triangle, at the extreme west-end. It does not impede on the unmarked glades in there if that is what you are wondering about. Here it is in the yellow line:
newrun.jpg

BenedictGomez

It is indeed in this triangle, at the extreme west-end. It does not impede on the unmarked glades in there if that is what you are wondering about. Here it is in the yellow line:

Gotcha. The reason I was a bit perplexed, is that Jay Peak has already added it to their online trail map*.

*I'd post a picture, but I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to save an image that isnt already in image form. But if you go to the map, they've indeed already added that small cut, which I couldnt remember being there from memory. Could be about 275 to 400 feet depending on exactly where it went in.

I'd go with either: Snowcat's Slip or Groomer's Folly. I like the double-meaning of Snowcat's Slip.

Last edited:

gregnye

It must be pretty steep. Would it be a black? or is it just a short headwall and then really flat. Can someone verify I will look at it when I go up next weekend