• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

CrossCountry Skiing near Sugarloaf

katie0406

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is x-country skiing at/near Sugarloaf, or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

skiMEbike

Just to add to the above....

If you are staying on mountain at the resort, you can access these trails right out your door for the most part. Here's a link to the trail map:

www.sugarloaf.com/Documents/Sugarloaf/Maps/Outdoor%20Center%20Map.pdf

In addition to that trail system, I would strongly encourage you to check out the Maine Huts & Trail System. These trails are technically not part of the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center network, however they are connected....Its easy to hit both networks with a simple road crossing on Route 27. Awesome trails and great vistas throughout the hut system. In addition, I would highly recommend a stop at one of the huts....Its a great place to stop, rest/relax, have lunch (may need to reserve or pre-arrange for food??) and take in the scenery. As a Maine outdoor enthusiast, IMO this is one of the best things that's happened up in the Western Mountains of ME servicing both winter and summer outdoor activities with awesome amenities & facilities that are totally off the grid.

Here is another link to the Maine Huts & Trails system with lots of info...Enjoy !!

https://mainehuts.org/