• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Damage report thread

kingslug

Well, the WRX is a boxer motor and you can supe that up to over 500hp..might not last forever in that form but they are out there. And yes, its a scary ride.
The boxer motor has some advantages over a vee motor. Lower center of gravity is one. Changing the spark plugs on the other hand..not so much.
oh..looks like spring has arrived.
oh..never mind..it left: https://www.weather.gov/btv/headlines

Last edited:

mrvpilgrim

Subaru has acknowledged the oil usage issue in some model years
I have a 2014 Forester with about 154k miles
I was having oil issues so at about 84k miles they replaced the engine block covered fully under warranty and even gave me a loaner while they did it

tnt1234

This weekend seems a little grim. No snow since the rain and very cold. Gonna be scratchy I think.

kingslug

Its funny (or not) now Stowe is selling out weekends. That was not the case earlier. Their trail report shows a lot of closures..all the double D's. Whatever fell blew away I would think.

tnt1234

Seems only fair. North missed the bulk of some of the earlier storms.

KustyTheKlown

This weekend seems a little grim. No snow since the rain and very cold. Gonna be scratchy I think.

i can say with first person certainty that sugarbush is skiing well if you like tree skiing and groomers, but not so good if you like mogul trails. tho today the bump runs skied a million times better than yesterday as the new snow has been skied in a bit. also dot gov says 2-4" tonight and 2-4" tomorrow.

tnt1234

i can say with first person certainty that sugarbush is skiing well if you like tree skiing and groomers, but not so good if you like mogul trails. tho today the bump runs skied a million times better than yesterday as the new snow has been skied in a bit. also dot gov says 2-4" tonight and 2-4" tomorrow.
Nice!

Need it down lower. Going to the cats this weekend. Probably Sat-sunday. Might not ski for the first weekend this season.

No snow and cold temps. Been frozen since sunday.

Cornhead

Latest issue with my Subaru, driving to Greek on Sunday on the highway, car suddenly dies...or so it seemed at the time, pull off to the shoulder, hmm, engine is still idling, step on the gas, nada. Turn it off, let it sit for a minute, starts back up, hit the gas, now engine responds, cel on. I have a code reader, throttle pedal sensor. There is no mechanical linkage between the pedal and the throttle, drive by wire. Such a weird experience for an old fart like me to have the motor run, but not respond to the pedal. I suppose a cable, or linkage, could break with the same results, but I've never had that happen.

I've been driving it since, no cel. I'm wondering if it could be related to the cruise control. I had a different cel about a month ago. Both instances were shortly after engaging cruise.

Oh, back on topic, Accuweather is calling for 2-4" tomorrow night for Greek, NOAA is less optimistic, an inch or so. Sadly, I trust NOAA more, hope Accuweather is right though. Cool looking snow this morning. Little balls. Looked like what the used to fill bean bag chairs with, but smaller. Looked pretty cool on my black hoodie as I walked into work, but the melted before I could show anyone.

kingslug

Anyone hit Hunter..I have a res for Sunday but not interested if its a frozen mess.
yup,,frozen mess..as expected

Last edited:

tnt1234

Bell was packed and frozen today. Don't know why it was so crowded.

hub8

Windham was the most crowded we have seen this year, including the weekend immediately after a big storm earlier this year. Dust on crust conditions.

My son said a day on the mountain is better than a day away.

ROTD: upper wolverine. Most likely thanks to the snow markers from earlier this week.

Mum skier

Windham was the most crowded we have seen this year, including the weekend immediately after a big storm earlier this year. Dust on crust conditions.

My son said a day on the mountain is better than a day away.

ROTD: upper wolverine. Most likely thanks to the snow markers from earlier this week.
Today was the first time on a Sunday I was unable to get a reservation for Sunapee. Admittedly only went to book late yesterday afternoon, but I have only ever seen Saturday full there until this weekend. And the Hooksett services on 93 late this afternoon were also the busiest since pre pandemic days. So seems everyone is trying to get out late season this year.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Hunter really didn't seem that crowded today. Got 24k vertical in - most I have ever done in a day. Only used KF for 3 runs as it had a sizable line, but other lifts not bad.

tnt1234

Kind of a weird forecast for the cats this weekend. Chance of some spring skiing temps, but gets colder through teh weekend. Weekdays might be better.