• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dan Egan and Rumors

thetrailboss

Staff member
Rumor has it that he left Tenney and will be working with his brother at Sugarbush (Source: Sugarbush Chat room on RSN). Can anyone confirm this? What are the implications for Tenney?

sledhaulingmedic

I can't confirm at this time (I used to see his dad on the slopes a lot).

Over the years, various resorts had their "Resident pros" but I can't say that it ever influenced me to ski anywhere. If it's true, I don't know that it will make a difference. I think the most important thing they could do is actually open early with some real coverage, then maybe someone will take them seriously.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don't think there is anything that could save their credibility in my opinion. Last season, we learned on two different occasions that their snow reports are complete BS. Granted that snow reports are BS in general, their's are just downright deceptive and unreliable. That was the last time I waste a day up there :angry:

This place isn't for flaming, and I hate to do it, so I will not elaborate, but if you are considering visiting there this season, send me a Private Message and I can elaborate as to what happened so that you are aware and will plan accordingly.

T

trailbiscuit

He has left Tenney. That's all I know for certain. As far as a reason goes, the official reason was for him to concentrate more on Egan Entertainment Network.

To speculate, I'm certain he found out that running a ski area is much harder than he originally thought.

Don't expect any major changes for Tenney this season, but beyond...who knows? But, I wouldn't count on it being "open year-round" anymore.

Bkroon9175

I love to ski Tenney. Although last year the ski reports of the mountain during its first 45 days open were truly the worst in regards to accuracy that I have experienced. The reports seemed to become more accurate later in the season.

I don't think the Dan's leaving will effect the area. I also don't think it will help the other area as well.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bkroon9175 said:
I love to ski Tenney. Although last year the ski reports of the mountain during its first 45 days open were truly the worst in regards to accuracy that I have experienced. The reports seemed to become more accurate later in the season.

:angry: Oh yeah their reports were trash! Trust me, as we learned they did not improve in the latter part of the season. They have yet to reply to my E-mail telling them that I was not coming back! I left at noon on the last day I was there, called their competitor, "PP," 50 miles south and got a live person.

"C'mon down! We have X trails open and did get an inch of snow. The skiing is decent according to the patrol." 8)

Put on my season pass to that mountain and found BETTER conditions--50 miles south! What a shame 10e. :evil:

I will just take my business and skis elsewhere.