• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Deadlier Avalanches? Blame Global Warming

dmc

typical....

deflecting...

Since it's already happening then why should you care.... lame...

dmc

So glad i can't read Pucks posts... :)
Life is good without all that stuff...

BenedictGomez

typical....

deflecting...
Deflecting? No, quite the opposite.

I addressed the issue with US government data and then pointed out the obvious logical fallacy of your uninformed position, both in the commonality of the "problem" as well as in its' lack of relative severity, which is why in the above you have absolutely no response.

Since it's already happening then why should you care.... lame...

Gosh, maybe I'm wrong, you should tell us all why these 0.1 to 4.0 earthquakes are so harmful?

I'll even help you. Here's the US government data for all "earthquakes" over just the last SEVEN DAYS.

Granted, this is just the tremors in the last 168 hours, and I'd like to tell you how many there've been in America, but there are so many that I cant count them all, but if you trust the counter, it's 944.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

Last edited:

dmc

My posistion is uniformed....
I don't know how earthquakes affect people in Ohio..
that's the point...
I'd like to be informed...

We should understand how earthquakes affect the geology there before we release all that toxic fluid into the earth..

I go to California a couple times a month - I get earthquakes..

Puck it

My posistion is uniformed....
I don't know how earthquakes affect people in Ohio..
that's the point...
I'd like to be informed...

We should understand how earthquakes affect the geology there before we release all that toxic fluid into the earth..

I go to California a couple times a month - I get earthquakes..

You should stop since we don't know what the geothermal plant is doing to the San Andreas and Hayward faults.
I worry about you!

Halliburton Frack Fluid Disclosure site

http://www.halliburton.com/public/projects/pubsdata/hydraulic_fracturing/fluids_disclosure.html

witch hobble

Climate change, water table poisoning, "energy security", earthquakes, jobs.......seriously, how can you guys just sit around and contemplate these things when someone is having a ski sock to skin interface problem right on the same page. It's like you are in your own little worlds. Self absorbed, self righteous, solipsistic. :daffy:

Puck it

Climate change, water table poisoning, "energy security", earthquakes, jobs.......seriously, how can you guys just sit around and contemplate these things when someone is having a ski sock to skin interface problem right on the same page. It's like you are in your own little worlds. Self absorbed, self righteous, solipsistic. :daffy:
Sorry and Andyzee has a splinter!

dmc

put some peanut butter on it...

dmc

SO the danger of global warming on avi terrain is "heuristic traps"
The world is changing and so the snowpack is as well... Just because it was a certain way last year doesn't mean it should be the same now...

But anybody that understands avi terrain understands "heuristic traps" and the dangers of thinking something is a certain way because it was that way before..
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

MadMadWorld

Apathy. Part of the problem.

It was a joke. But I think I speak for most people on this board when I say, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Like I said, you are posting this stuff on a skiing board where a.) has nothing to do with skiing and b.) 99% of the folks have no idea what you are talking about. If you dumbed it down a bit, other people may chime in.

Cannonball

It was a joke. But I think I speak for most people on this board when I say, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Like I said, you are posting this stuff on a skiing board where a.) has nothing to do with skiing and b.) 99% of the folks have no idea what you are talking about. If you dumbed it down a bit, other people may chime in.

Trust me man, with statements like this.....
And as I said, this is one that isnt even worth a discussion, because --> SPOILER ALERT: the environmental nuts have already lost. Not probably. Not maybe. Not possibly. Definitely. At least with Global Warming there's still a debate, but this one is already at Game, Set, Match status. Matt Damon notwithstanding, the eco-extremists need to move onto their next "feel good" cause.

It's about as dumbed down as it can get

dmc

Of course the other issue with global warming is areas that may've had inland snowpack could end up with more coastal style pack..
Which is good.. Snow sticks to stuff better...

ScottySkis

Lol thank you for making me laugh.:thumbup::)