• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

dont get married folks a message from the experienced....

Website
maps.google.com
i post this on behalf of all my buds who got married & divorced....they have a message, everyone of them says the same thing....DONT DO IT!! since the great weather started in march i have been hanging on the deck at my beloved www.restaurantprime.com from 5pm on & meeting lots of folks & its the same thing over & over....it seems to be a 10-15 yr cycle & then things fall apart....again this is a message from these folks to everyone out there....im just the messenger....now lets see if i can fall back asleep after passing out at 11pm:smile::smile::):)

gorgonzola

a good marriage is the bomb... now kids on the other hand..... :???:

the way the past week has rolled the nest can't empty soon enough!

btw - this is a (somewaht) sarcastic post

SkiDork

the reason for this attitude is nobody wants to endure hard times these days. It either works or they're gone. Pain is not to be tolerated. There WILL be hard times in a marriage.

Eric - where would you have been if your parents had this attitude?

thetrailboss

Staff member
the reason for this attitude is nobody wants to endure hard times these days. It either works or they're gone. Pain is not to be tolerated. There WILL be hard times in a marriage.

+ 1. Have to agree on this. We live in an age of instant gratification. Three years ago I walked out on my ex who was having an affair. Thank God we did not get married. Now I am with someone who really has a different outlook on life and relationships.

WakeboardMom

Oh, man, Dork, after I posted earlier this morning I had these same thoughts. Eric seems to have an awesome example of how wonderful marriage can be right in front of his eyes.

And yes, it's work. There will be hard times, there will be mistakes made, but in the end (most of the time) it's well worth the effort. Lack of selfishness, or getting beyond selfish, self-centered attitudes is key. Based on his postings, I'm not sure Eric is ready for that kind of life.

a good marriage is the bomb... now kids on the other hand..... :???:

the way the past week has rolled the nest can't empty soon enough!

btw - this is a (somewaht) sarcastic post

I LOVE my kids and enjoyed everything we did together, but empty nest is now the bomb!!

Warp Daddy

MARRIAGE TO THE RIGHT PERSON IS the single most important element in my life .The joy , contentment and fulfillment of one's true potential is often accellerated when one is blessed with a wonderful partner who supports and complements your personality and communication style .

I agree that today too many expect all things to go well all the time and TV has inculcated an unrealistic expectation that 1. Lust =Love , 2. All problems are solved in 59 minutes or less . 3.. Don't stick around to do the work of working things out . and last but not least the god almighty number 4

Lets all be Opera singers 24/7 -------------u know Me Mem Me -- its ALL about Me

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
i post this on behalf of all my buds who got married & divorced....they have a message, everyone of them says the same thing....DONT DO IT!! since the great weather started in march i have been hanging on the deck at my beloved www.restaurantprime.com from 5pm on & meeting lots of folks & its the same thing over & over....it seems to be a 10-15 yr cycle & then things fall apart....again this is a message from these folks to everyone out there....im just the messenger....now lets see if i can fall back asleep after passing out at 11pm:smile::smile::):)

You have stupid friends.

ctenidae

I guess the lure of some "strange" doesn't get you psyched..

The lure, sure. The reality, not so much.

Sucks getting laid all the time, amirite?

I swear. Always having the possibility of morning sex, or shower sex, or afternoon sex, or hey, we're in the basement sex, or no one can see in the back yard sex is nice.

dmc

The lure, sure. The reality, not so much

yeah - reality... I'd never stray from my girl either... I also would never stand for it the other direction..
When I found out my ex wife was cheating on me before we parted - it made me feel better somehow... Cause - i would've dumped her if I'd known...