• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

dont get married folks a message from the experienced....

dmc

I swear. Always having the possibility of morning sex, or shower sex, or afternoon sex, or hey, we're in the basement sex, or no one can see in the back yard sex is nice.

Morning Ride

Website
maps.google.com
Posted: Wednesday, 05 May 2010 11:45AM

Long Island Divorce Lawyer Charged with Criminal Contempt

GLEN COVE, N.Y. (AP/ 1010 WINS) -- A Long Island divorce lawyer is accused of violating an order of protection by approaching his ex-wife in a bagel shop.

Nassau County police say Dominic Barbara was charged with criminal contempt. His clients have included Joey Buttafuoco and Jessica Hahn.

They say he sat down with his ex-wife, Leslie, on Sunday while she was having coffee with a friend. Leslie Barbara told Newsday that her ex-husband walked in with a police officer and demanded that she be arrested for stalking him.

Dominic Barbara told the paper that she had indeed been stalking him. He was scheduled to appear for a hearing in Glen Cove court on Wednesday.

powpig2002

what's the diff between a catfish and a divorce lawyer? one's a scum suckin bottom feeder the other is a fish

4aprice

married and dig it---i gots the best girl in the world---PERIOD

I'll argue that since I think I gots the best girl in the world:grin: Glad to hear others feel the same about their SO. Chicks are getting ready to fly soon so I be looking forward to that empty nest if we can afford to do anything after paying for college.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

WakeboardMom

I'll argue that since I think I gots the best girl in the world:grin: Glad to hear others feel the same about their SO. Chicks are getting ready to fly soon so I be looking forward to that empty nest if we can afford to do anything after paying for college.
Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

You got that right, baby!! "If there's anything left over..." Thus far, there's very little left here, but we're makin' the most of what we've got!

Empty nest is the best of both worlds; they come home to visit, but when the visit's over, they go back to their own lives, leaving us to free to come and go as we please. Even little things like working late are less stressful, knowing that nobody's home alone or waiting for dinner or to be picked up from football practice. I

I had kids in school and extracurricular activities from 1985 until the youngest graduated high school last year. So my experience may be different from other people. ; - ) I may be a bit more excited to do "adult" things than some others...!!

(One thing I've been careful to do in regard to college and money - they all feel some pain when they're at school. None of them have had unlimited pocket money; they've all been given the basics [including a car and a ski pass...lol..."basics"]; after that, they're on their own. If I'm making sacrifices, then they are too.)

Warp Daddy

Wa ----------------------- i think about you also ,what life dealt you is totally unfair . What you guys had was special and frankly in my opinion you have handled this almost unbearable circumstance with dignity and grace . Your children will one dad realize just what a HERO there dad is and just how much you have GIVEN to others during this whole ordeal .

You have my deepest respect

Warp

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wow. I sadly must say that I (somewhat) agree with BB. :puke:

Happily unmarried and cohabitating with a long term commitment, here. My SO has my benefits and full inheritance of everything of mine if I pass away, so it ain't just a "convenience" thing. It is EVERYTHING a marriage is without the paper. Every once in a while, the thought crosses my mind that we should just get that piece of paper to make things easier and get some tax breaks. Discussions like this perk me right back up into the happily cohabitating camp.

Let's not confuse being married with the ability to have kids. Marriage is a sanction by the state with a long history of corruption and bad associations. It has thankfully shed most of its history but I see no reason to put it up on a pedestal. Two people can live happily committed their entire lives without spending a down payment on a home for a wedding, changing names, and playing out social mores deeply instilled in the human psyche as necessary for social success and esteem.

People not carrying out their vows of until death do us part are not being lazy, they are coming to their senses. Those that stay married unhappily are the ones doing damage to their families, children, and society. The societal change over to acceptance of divorce is one of the most important social changes in the 20th century behind equality and rights. Sometimes things don't work out in the long run, sometimes people rush into things. How long does it take to "know"? Whatever. Go with what feels right but don't label the 50% of divorcing people as lazy. Just think of all those that never divorce due to fear and domestic violence issues?

This might rub some folks the wrong way... but really ask yourself what is the real reason for marriage? Everything you have in a marriage, I have without one. And we have the TRUST in each other not to need a marriage to know we are committed, not bound by some vow spoken in stary eyed societally induced ceremony but by our daily respect for each other and ourselves. To me at least, I see more value in that than all the baggage that comes with what marriage was, is, and will likely always be, romantically over idealized and nothing that can not be had without.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I agree with most everything you said river, especially your thoughts on divorce.

That said, the day my wife walked down the aisle was and remains the best day of my life. I love her and respect every day, I'm sure in a similar manner as you do with your partner. For some, declaration of that vow in front of ones closes family and friends is something to cherish. I could care less what the gov't thinks.

campgottagopee

Wow. I sadly must say that I (somewhat) agree with BB. :puke:

Happily unmarried and cohabitating with a long term commitment, here. My SO has my benefits and full inheritance of everything of mine if I pass away, so it ain't just a "convenience" thing. It is EVERYTHING a marriage is without the paper. Every once in a while, the thought crosses my mind that we should just get that piece of paper to make things easier and get some tax breaks. Discussions like this perk me right back up into the happily cohabitating camp.

Let's not confuse being married with the ability to have kids. Marriage is a sanction by the state with a long history of corruption and bad associations. It has thankfully shed most of its history but I see no reason to put it up on a pedestal. Two people can live happily committed their entire lives without spending a down payment on a home for a wedding, changing names, and playing out social mores deeply instilled in the human psyche as necessary for social success and esteem.

People not carrying out their vows of until death do us part are not being lazy, they are coming to their senses. Those that stay married unhappily are the ones doing damage to their families, children, and society. The societal change over to acceptance of divorce is one of the most important social changes in the 20th century behind equality and rights. Sometimes things don't work out in the long run, sometimes people rush into things. How long does it take to "know"? Whatever. Go with what feels right but don't label the 50% of divorcing people as lazy. Just think of all those that never divorce due to fear and domestic violence issues?

This might rub some folks the wrong way... but really ask yourself what is the real reason for marriage? Everything you have in a marriage, I have without one. And we have the TRUST in each other not to need a marriage to know we are committed, not bound by some vow spoken in stary eyed societally induced ceremony but by our daily respect for each other and ourselves. To me at least, I see more value in that than all the baggage that comes with what marriage was, is, and will likely always be, romantically over idealized and nothing that can not be had without.

I hear ya and understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. There is something about becoming one in front of family, friends and God that just can't be duplicated. Has nothing to do with a piece of paper. That, and the party after is second to none.

campgottagopee

Liar, how can you have the best girl in the world when I do?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Glad to hear you guys disagree with me ;-)

2knees

best party i've EVER been to was my own reception.

drank the Lord Thompson Manor clear out of alchohol. the woman in charge was speechless. that alone makes every day worth it! :wink:

snoseek

I know religion is taboo but...

I always thought of marraige to be simply the union of two people under god for eternity. Those are my ideals and that is the one and only reason I would do it. I think their are others that feel the same...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I hear ya and understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. There is something about becoming one in front of family, friends and God that just can't be duplicated. Has nothing to do with a piece of paper. That, and the party after is second to none.
I think there is something to be said for bringing families together and having a reception. But you can do that without getting married (something I have been considering recently).

Also, I should have mentioned I don't think that folks should not get married and I am not saying you married guys and gals did the wrong thing or anything. I can appreciate it for what others make it out to be without appreciating for any objective reason that can't be done without marriage. Heck, I agreed to be one of the best men at a friend's wedding because it was about him, not about me.

SkiDork

rivercoil, I think you misinterpreted my statement. I certainly believe that for some folks divorce is a reasonable option.

My assertion was to take issue with BB's statement that marriage is not the right thing to do, simply because divorce is imminent. And to back that up I included my "opinion" that there is a high divorce rate these days because many folks throw in the towel much too easily.

There are degrees of everything, nothing is black and white.