• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Driveway Sealer

TheBEast

I know we've talked about this in past years. I just got all my driveway repairs done and they've set up for about a week or so. I get home from work early tonight, get the first coat of sealer on in about 2 hours or so.....then about 2 hours later it pours...damn weather men...:uzi: :uzi:

So what does that do to my sealer now? It is suppose to dry for 24 hours. I'm guessing this just means it might not adhere that great and need to be done again sooner than normal. I'm planning on doing a second coat on Saturday AM since it could use another coat any way.

drjeff

Generally speaking (and I've been through that same scenario with the weatherman screw up :mad: ) *if* the sealer had dried to the point where it had lost that "wet" look and just had the mattte finish on it, you'll be fine. If the sealer still had that glossy, wet look to it, well then adhesion issues could very well be an issue. Also depends a bit on how much rain hit the sealer, a t-storm torrential downpour - not so good. Just some light rain - not so bad

TheBEast

Pretty sure it had dried mostly to the matte finish since it was drying rather quickly as I was applying since it hadn't been sealed in 5+ years and was "thirsty". So I'm hopefully it was dry enough. It down poured for probably 10-15 minutes....so no lite rain unfortunately. 2nd coat tomorrow AM and hopefully it'll hold up. On to the next project!