• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Easter Weekend - Where Are You Skiing/Riding?

Jcb890

Who is riding/skiing and where this weekend?
I'm pretty pumped about having Friday and Monday off from work for a nice long weekend. We were originally hoping to spend the long weekend up at Sugarloaf with our dogs, but that's fallen through. I think we'll be doing day trips.

We have 2 passes each left to Loon and Killington on the MAX and also want to hit Mt. Snow ('17/'18 Peak Pass), but both Loon and Snow close on Sunday the 16th. Unfortunately, it looks like Sunday might be rainy and not worth it, so we might be stuck doing the family Easter thing. I know Killington will be open for a while longer still, but we'd like to get there before they only have Superstar open. They are still boasting 100+ trails with only Skyeship and Ramshead done for the season.

As for Monday, again, Loon and Mt. Snow both will be closed. Not sure how terrain, grooming and coverage will be after this warmth and rain all week with more rain on Sunday. We've never done Wildcat, so we're thinking of trying it out on Monday. It seems they're keeping daily operations for a little while longer at least, right?

Decisions, decisions.

Friday - Killington
Saturday - Mt. Snow / Loon
Sunday - Bust? Rain?
Monday - Wilcat

xwhaler

I also have a 4 day wknd for our annual Patriots day wknd up in the MWV.
Friday: possible Wildcat afternoon session but depends what time we get there as I'm swinging through Portland to pick my sister up at the airport.

Sat: Wildcat
Sunday: Wildcat or BW
Monday: BW to close out my season

Other than Sunday the weather looks awesome. May do a hike on Sunday if it is rainy.

slatham

Sugarbush with family. Maybe a skin up Bromley on Wednesday on way up, then Sugarbush Thur-Sat and home Sunday if forecast of rain holds. The last hurrah (baring a miracle May trip to the K).

Jully

I'm unlucky and do not have any days off for Easter weekend and I'm committed to Easter celebrations with family on Sunday. Saturday I'm hoping to get the GF on board and do a day trip to wildcat. If she's not down, I'm still probably going solo to the cat Saturday.

BenedictGomez

Friday - Copper Mountain
Saturday - Vail (since the idiots in charge close BSB & 1/2 the BBs after Sunday)
Easter - Rest, try to find something to do that's open
Monday - Arapahoe Basin or Breckenridge (game time decision)

cdskier

Driving up to Sugarbush Thursday night. Skiing SB Friday and Saturday morning before heading home Saturday afternoon for family Easter stuff on Sunday.

Kleetus

Was thinking of heading to N Vt. Or K if both Saturday and Sunday looked good. Unfortunately looking like Sunday may be a rain out, if that holds, too much of a drive for 1 day of skiing. May go to plan B and hit WF or Gore should they make it to this weekend with some of there expert terrain still open.

Did Gore this past Sunday and Rumor had awesome corn on it. They are planning to re-open for this weekend, but not sure they will make it as it was pretty thin down on the lower mountain and not sure even with pushing snow around that will be enough. Up top still had plenty of snow.

Glenn

Keep an eye on conditions. Snow is melting fast in SoVT today based on the Mt Snow and Stratton webcams.

WJenness

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to make it up to Sugarloaf. Don't know if I can make it happen or not though.

yeggous

holy crap batman. mt snow looks toasted.

Yeah that web cam is making me second guess my plans for the weekend. I was thinking about Okemo and Mt Snow but it may be back to the MWV.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Yeah that web cam is making me second guess my plans for the weekend. I was thinking about Okemo and Mt Snow but it may be back to the MWV.

That summit view is ugly. That seemed to have tons of snow on Sunday when I was there

yeggous

That summit view is ugly. That seemed to have tons of snow on Sunday when I was there

Mt Snow sits really far south and really low. It's almost entirely west of home on back roads for me living in the Boston suburbs. Only day there this season was opening day since they got it open a day before Wildcat.

Jcb890

I just checked out the webcams after reading some of these posts...

Holy crap, you aren't kidding! The summit looks like toast right now! Might have to re-think the Mt. Snow plan/idea for Saturday.

kingslug

I wouldn't look to hard at the reports for Sunday.. I did last weekend, and missed a very good weekend. Although this time around it will be too warm for suprise snow. K for Saturday and then I'll see.