• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

European destination resort with direct flight from Boston?

New Daddy

Is there an European destination ski resort that can be reached on a direct flight from Boston? Of course, by "direct flight", I also assume a "reasonable" driving distance from the airport to the resort as well. (A six hour drive after a direct flight into a Swiss town wouldn't make sense.)

Puck it

Only direct flights close to ski areas are Zurich and Munich that I know. Geneva, Grenoble and Lyon have a connection.

ctenidae

Madonna di Campiglia is about an hour drive from Milan, which has direct flights from Boston. Andalo is there, which is where the US ski team practices in Europe, and there are a whole slew of resorts that run on combined passes. We had a great time out there several years ago.

wa-loaf

Is there an European destination ski resort that can be reached on a direct flight from Boston? Of course, by "direct flight", I also assume a "reasonable" driving distance from the airport to the resort as well. (A six hour drive after a direct flight into a Swiss town wouldn't make sense.)

Munich is an easy 1 hr drive to any number of resorts in Austria and Germany.

Puck it

Madonna di Campiglia is about an hour drive from Milan, which has direct flights from Boston. Andalo is there, which is where the US ski team practices in Europe, and there are a whole slew of resorts that run on combined passes. We had a great time out there several years ago.

Milan doe snot have a nonstop now at least on orbitz.

New Daddy

Munich is an easy 1 hr drive to any number of resorts in Austria and Germany.

I found this great database on the internet. (Google is your friend.) It looks like there are quite a few ski resorts within a couple of hours of driving from Munich. Some of them may be reached by train from Munich.
http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Munich.html

Unfortunately, I don't see any resort that I've heard of - like Verbier, Zermatt, etc.

Is there an agent in the Northeast that specializes in European ski resorts?

Puck it

Garmisch-Partenkirchen = largest ski resort in Germany within 1 hour.
Kitzbheul within 1.5 hours where the Hanninkem(sp?) is run. The most famous downhill course in the world!!!

Ski much?