• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Finally Front 5 Open

Puck it

We have the front 5 open fully now. The question now is draining of the whales. Anyone want to take bets?

8409197266_872162e612_b.jpg

bobbutts

This would probably be a good advertisement for modern snowmaking equipment
Mountain look like this? Call SMI!

MadMadWorld

We have the front 5 open fully now. The question now is draining of the whales. Anyone want to take bets?

8409197266_872162e612_b.jpg

Looks good. On a side note, I really hate the Front Five reference (no offense). It's as though they are trying to say that those trails are somehow in the same category as Stowe's Front Four.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

Looks good. On a side note, I really hate the Front Five reference (no offense). It's as though they are trying to say that those trails are somehow in the same category as Stowe's Front Four.

They have been called that as long as I remember.

AdironRider

You sure get riled up easy.

Puck it

Also it is more accurate than the front four where there are way more than 4 trails on that part of the mountain.

Actually it is more like the Front Six at Cannon (Banshee), but who is counting. My skis have Banshee on them too.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I just don't like when a company plagerizes another companies marketing schtick.

Are you sure it was Cannon that plagerized Stowe? I don' t know, and maybe Stowe was the first to say "Front #", but Cannon's not exactly some Johnny-Come-Lately on the ski scene.

snowmonster

They are just jealous that Cannon has 5.
Some Stowe-ites throw in Lookout to make up their own Front Five. Of course, the same Stowe-ites would also throw out Liftline and include Lookout in the Front Four.

IIRC, Cannon has embraced the Front Five concept and started selling a shirt for this. Ironically, I saw that shirt on a beach in Cape Cod.

Puck it

Some Stowe-ites throw in Lookout to make up their own Front Five. Of course, the same Stowe-ites would also throw out Liftline and include Lookout in the Front Four.

IIRC, Cannon has embraced the Front Five concept and started selling a shirt for this. Ironically, I saw that shirt on a beach in Cape Cod.

734622_562592200434947_430131039_n.jpg