• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First signs that ski season is near

hammer

Leaves turning and falling from a few trees on my property make it look more like mid-late Sept than mid August. Anyone else?
Tree in the backyard has dropped almost all of its leaves and some birches have dropped as well. If only it were a sign of fall and not of drought stress...:(

chuckstah

The Patriots are playing tonight, albeit preseason. Always a good sign.

bdfreetuna

Had a ski dream a few nights ago.

Ski dreams are the best. Unless they involve some bizarre situation like lack of snow, equipment failure, something weird going on with the lifts, or some random dream-person preventing you from getting about the business of skiing.

Mine almost always take place at the same surreal dream resort. This resort tends to evolve continually as I experience different ski areas in waking life. A little bit of everything, and then some.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Ski dreams are the best. Unless they involve some bizarre situation like lack of snow, equipment failure, something weird going on with the lifts, or some random dream-person preventing you from getting about the business of skiing.

Mine almost always take place at the same surreal dream resort. This resort tends to evolve continually as I experience different ski areas in waking life. A little bit of everything, and then some.

Mine involves the lift going thru my hotel room (ultimate ski in ski out)!

skiNEwhere

I've gone back to skimap.org and randomly set one as my work desktop background. Right now it's set to park city

yeggous

I've started looking at planning my vacation. Just decide to forego Jackson Hole, Salt Lake City, or Colorado. The Dolomites sound like a good idea.

SIKSKIER

I've started looking at planning my vacation. Just decide to forego Jackson Hole, Salt Lake City, or Colorado. The Dolomites sound like a good idea.
Cortina is a fun place to stay.Although expensive the town is has a great nightlife and potential to connect to hundreds of lifts through the Dolimiti Superski.Have been to Cortina but not for skiing.Its close to Venice if you want to mae an inteerstng combo trip.

Last edited:

drjeff

Saw my first live snow patches since May for me yesterday! Out vacationing at Yellowstone with the family now and there's still a few patches left at higher elevations! Today should really help increase the coming season excitement as we're driving over to Big Sky and taking their alpine adventure tour which involves rides on one of their high speed quads and the Lone Peak Tram! :)

Attachments

• 1471008042137.jpg
    1471008042137.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 101