• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Time Windham Opened Before Hunter ?

catskills

Is this the first time in history that Windham opened before Hunter?

I have been following this for a lot of years. I can't remember Windham Mountain ever opening before Hunter.

Can anyone remember a previous year when Windham opened before Hunter Mountain?

Can anyone remember a previous year when both Belleayre and Windham opened before Hunter ?

To be fair, it was probably the right call on Hunter's part. They got 5 inches of rain on Wednesday.

Last edited:

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Is this the first time in history that Windham opened before Hunter?

I have been following this for a lot of years. I can't remember Windham Mountain ever opening before Hunter.

Can anyone remember a previous year when Windham opened before Hunter Mountain?

Can anyone remember a previous year when both Belleayre and Windham opened before Hunter ?

To be fair, it was probably the right call on Hunter's part. They got 5 inches of rain on Wednesday.

How about we forget about it. Lets see who has the most open by next weekend!

dmc

I think you already know the answer to that... :)

I'm personally glad that Hunter didn't contribute to flooding that day.

catskills

Let them have their moment, its their 50th. At least they tried.
Windham's 50 cent day on Friday was a nice touch. Good to see Windham kicking it up a notch and trying harder. Then again Windham has been quietly kicking it up in recent years under new management, when they installed their second high speed quad.