• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free, free like a bird

Free GSS

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyJoey

This is disturbing.

Disturbing indeed.

When one man is oppressed, we all suffer.

Free GSS, free the Steezy one, because when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

campgottagopee

I voted for reinstatement, but it has nothing to do with the individual. I've been in disagreement with the premise that resulted in GSS' banning from day one.

I personally found the persona to be a nimrod. I've never met the guy and he might be a very likable person, but the online representation wasn't much to my liking. But...that's what membership in an online forum entails, dealing with strangers that have the liberty to spew things that I then have the liberty to agree or disagree with.

Through the years of having acquaintance with GSS in a few different online ski forums (anyone else ever member in Paula's Ski Lovers?) it's apparent that he has a rooted passion for skiing (and eating junk food and partying and chasing chubbies).

From the time that he was banned from AZ, the mods have offered that "we" don't know all of the behind the scenes antics he was involved in. My impression though is that his biggest crime was to piss on the love fest that was staged after the oh-so-public marital troubles of some of the powers-that-be. I agree that such antics are not considered to be in "good taste" by a majority, but it appears to me that a vocal minority inflated the severity of it as a sort of vendetta for what were perceived as personal attacks on the public soap opera that took place on AZ. Perhaps if thought had been used before the public sharing of such private matters, the "hurt" that comment by strangers would have been avoided.

Just my .02

I agree with my friend (because of this silly place) HPD that this is about as good as a .02 that could've been given....IMO

I'll add .01 more....

I'm posting this from home, NEVER log on or post from home...really don't give a shit what happens, it's the internet, big deal. But I do care about GSS getting back in here. Why????It ain't cause I've ever met the nut case, it's cause he totally got fukced with what went down.

It's been mentioned be4 that we "supporters" are just doing this to prove something or to get one up on the mods. NOT TRUE!!!!!! I'ts about what is right and what is wrong. IMO, GSS taking what was put in front of him and running with it (yes running over the line) was not his fault. Hell, my dog will sit and stay for a dead bird, but you put a raw steak down in front of him he's gone......he just can't help it. Get it??? In my mind, an infraction of the "rules" in that matter doesn't warrant a lifetime ban or shooting my dog.

A moderator was having marital problems and they posted about it here publicly? Seriously? Who was it?

Doesn't really matter....it was ugly and you didn't miss a thing other than GSS getting the boot.

dmc

Disturbing indeed.

When one man is oppressed, we all suffer.

Free GSS, free the Steezy one, because when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

I've been to the mountain top!!!!

SkiFanE

Doesn't really matter....it was ugly and you didn't miss a thing other than GSS getting the boot.

Wait a second..I thought it was because of some 9/11 comment. Now it's because of some "AZ the World Turns" drama? What's the real story? Seems like the prosecution is a mess on this one... where is Judge Wopner?

dmc

Wait a second..I thought it was because of some 9/11 comment. Now it's because of some "AZ the World Turns" drama? What's the real story? Seems like the prosecution is a mess on this one... where is Judge Wopner?

The 911 thing happened... Then he fukced with Greg on Facebook.. Greg's kids are his FB friends.. He didn't take it well...

GSS does feel remorse about this...

Again - who among us has NEVER done something or said something that they regretted?

SkiFanE

The 911 thing happened... Then he fukced with Greg on Facebook.. Greg's kids are his FB friends.. He didn't take it well...

Again - who among us has NEVER done something or said something that they regretted?

Ah...all worlds collided...makes more sense. Facebook is evil.

Black Phantom

Why did the feud carry over to this site? Why wasn't he defriended(sic) on Facebook? Better question, why was he even friended(sic) in the first place?

This is not making any sense.

wa-loaf

Why did the feud carry over to this site? Why wasn't he defriended(sic) on Facebook? Better question, why was he even friended(sic) in the first place?

This is not making any sense.

Other way around. Went from AZ to facebook. Greg and GSS were friends at one point. Shit blew up here and GSS took it out on Gregs fb page as well.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com

Other way around. Went from AZ to facebook. Greg and GSS were friends at one point. Shit blew up here and GSS took it out on Gregs fb page as well.

Actually, GSS's comments happened on the Alpinezone Facebook page, not Greg's.

campgottagopee

Whatcha think Nick.....seems obvious that the majority would like to see GSS come back.

How do you feel about that???

Status
Not open for further replies.