• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday 24th Sat 25th

Judder

Bennington, VT / Rochester, VT / Sugarbush
4 inches of heavy snow in Rochester VT as of 9pm. I'm guessing Sugarbush has half a foot at least. Probably much lighter consistency. Radar shows continued upslope over the spine of the Greens. I'm guessing we'll wake up to anywhere from 6-12 inches tomorrow in the higher terrain of the MRV.

Bumpsis

I don't know about 5 inches at this point. Tooth, are sitting on top of the mountian somewhere?
It's 10:45 PM on Friday evening and where I'm at (10 minutes south from the access road to SL), it's about 2.5 inches at this point and yes, it's snowing nicely.
Considering that this is supposed to be a whole night affair, tomorrow the mountain will be in fabulous shape. I'm really hoping for the 10 inches that are a possible total by morning.

I wonder if that will be enough to open up Brackett Basin. It's a bit thin in the woods.

maineskier69

What are people hearing about actual winds tomorrow?

The forcasts are calling for it to blow like stink. Gusts up to 45mph, I sure hope they are as wrong about that as they were about the forcast for the steady snow starting at 10AM this AM.

Took the day off in hope to ski some storm freshies, but all we got were a few flurries. Still better than being at work and I got to play "Workplace Trivia" on WTOS this morning.

Tooth

I don't know about 5 inches at this point. Tooth, are sitting on top of the mountian somewhere?
It's 10:45 PM on Friday evening and where I'm at (10 minutes south from the access road to SL), it's about 2.5 inches at this point and yes, it's snowing nicely.
Considering that this is supposed to be a whole night affair, tomorrow the mountain will be in fabulous shape. I'm really hoping for the 10 inches that are a possible total by morning.

I wonder if that will be enough to open up Brackett Basin. It's a bit thin in the woods.

Up on the Timbers. Just picked my oldest up because the shuttle went off the road on the West Mountain. I think if youre careful you can go into BB. I guess we will see. This will help out the Frontface a bunch. Cant have it all too fast. We have a lot to make up for. We have a solid four up on West Mountain. Lake Regions are announcing 4" on Channel 8.

WJenness

SR sitting at 4"-5" maybe a little more in the Brookside parking lot just now... It's a fairly wet, dense snow... BUT IT'S SNOW!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Good Night, AZ!

-w

MommaBear

Only an inch or so 3 miles south of Mount Snow and the wind is HOWLING. Waiting for the snow report to get updated as to what the mountain got and what the lift situation is.

WinnChill

Only an inch or so 3 miles south of Mount Snow and the wind is HOWLING. Waiting for the snow report to get updated as to what the mountain got and what the lift situation is.

Stratton just posted 4-6" summit/ 2-3" base...hoping Snow is close. But yeah, winds are going to be a problem today.

ScottySkis

Yep--and it's continuing to pile up further north!

Hey Mr Winn i just curios about the forecast for Mount Snow for Monday and Tuesday, your site which I love http://snowforecast.com/MountSnow is saying some snow, but Noaa is saying rain in west dover, which I know is lower elevation then the hill, do you think if it rains probably will be a little amount or do you think it be snow in the hill, and rain in the valley, as always thank you for your time and giving me some great ski days in the past?:beer::beer::beer:

WinnChill

Hey Mr Winn i just curios about the forecast for Mount Snow for Monday and Tuesday, your site which I love http://snowforecast.com/MountSnow is saying some snow, but Noaa is saying rain in west dover, which I know is lower elevation then the hill, do you think if it rains probably will be a little amount or do you think it be snow in the hill, and rain in the valley, as always thank you for your time and giving me some great ski days in the past?:beer::beer::beer:

If anything, just a few light showers and most of those will be north anyways. Maybe some base raindrops (slightly elevated snow levels) but again, such light moisture, I wouldn't sweat it. The midweek storm looks more substantial so we'll be watching that closely--maybe some mixing for southern areas. Stay tuned!