• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GNU Rider's Choice 2013 or Arbor Coda 2013

phannak

I need help choosing between the rider's choice and the arbor coda. Is there a real big difference or just esthetics? I'm an all mountain rider. Not too much park, just natural cliffs and such.

Thanks

planb420

Well if it were me and those were my only two choices I think the difference maker would be the "Magne-Traction" edge on the GNU. That will come in handy if your riding the "Ice Coast" often... otherwise they both are twin, multi-camber boards, sintered bases. The sidecut is a bit different in each board but the waist width is almost the same. Just my .02 (Not a real fan of the GNU graphic though....:thumbdown:)

Cannonball

The Arbor has "Grip Tech sidecut" which is pretty much the same as the Magne traction on the GNU. I haven't ridden either board but I'm generally a bigger fan of Arbor over GNU.

OR....I'll sell you my Arbor cheap ($200)!!! Just say'n

phannak

Thanks guys. I ended up buying both boards at a very cheap price. The urge to try them out was unbearable. I'll just give one of them away after a couple runs at Loon next week.

Thanks again