• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Goals for 2014/15 season?

Highway Star

I'm a modest man........I'd like to not catch Ebola in the Gondola.

fbrissette

Not to get dragged into any climate change debate with Jack97 and BenedictGomez.

With respect to skiing I'm all set. Got my Jay Peak season's pass and got one week booked at Revelstoke for the second week of March.

MadMadWorld

Not to get dragged into any climate change debate with Jack97 and BenedictGomez.

With respect to skiing I'm all set. Got my Jay Peak season's pass and got one week booked at Revelstoke for the second week of March.

Have fun at Revelstoke it's insane. It can humble even the best skier! If you have a car take the 3 hr drive to Kicking Horse....you won't regret it

Scruffy

1) Post more skiing threads in a political forum.

2) Help boot pack Aspen Highland bowl.

3) Get to Silverton.

4) More XC downhill.

5) Finally make it to Saddle Back.

Scruffy

I'm assuming you were saying that tongue-in-cheek to imply you wanted to ski highlands bowl, but you can literally boot pack the bowl to earn a "free" season pass http://highlandspatrol.com/bootpack/

No tongue in cheek, I actually want to earn that pass!, but don't know if I can swing the days away from the office, I'm working on it. If not, I'll be out there to ski it later this year.

Madroch

(1) more powder
(2)40 plus days
(3)more powder
(4)750k vert (tough for us flat landers- employed flat landers)
(5) huck satan's staircase
(6) ski off
(7) get comfortable in air
(8) improve at nastar-

That is all

skiNEwhere

No tongue in cheek, I actually want to earn that pass!, but don't know if I can swing the days away from the office, I'm working on it. If not, I'll be out there to ski it later this year.

Good stuff man! 15 days will get you the season pass, you probably already knew that though.

snoseek

1400 lumens, skin up stuff long after lifts close, ski down. 3-4 times per week, good workout, peaceful, overall good use of time. Stay on relatively safe stuff...mostly trees.

catsup948

Skin and ski Berkshire East before work three days a week.

Make it back to Saddleback

Ski at least 10 backcountry days.

Ski Castlerock with Xwhaler and anyone else who wants to join. I haven't skied Sugarbush in a long time.

Savemeasammy

Ski Castlerock with Xwhaler and anyone else who wants to join. I haven't skied Sugarbush in a long time.

I have only skied Sugarbush 3 times, and it's been early/late season. I'm looking forward to skiing Castlerock, too.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

Trim some fat off so I can ski better, longer and faster!!!!!!!!!!

The only drawback is fat heals faster than muscle.

steamboat1

* Ski at least 50 days. I've come close but never made it.

* Stay injury free (it sucked losing most of the season due to injury year before last).

* Get my season pass price under $15 a day (That means at least 32 days on the pass). Last year I had 33 days on the pass (cost $13.65 per day). Pass price went up about $25 this year.

* Just relax & enjoy everyday on the slopes.

* Looking forward to skiing more days with my daughter. She just got back into it last year after not skiing for 6 years while she was away at college. Now she has limited free time (work gets in the way).

SkiFanE

-- Not miss one day due to injury.
-- Make lunches for kids and us so we're not spending $60+/weekend on lodge food.
-- Improvement...every year I get quicker in the bumps...when I don't I know I'm getting old.
-- Ski Oct-May..last year it was Nov. 3 (or something) to May 3 (or something).
-- Get away from work for a couple mid-week, spur of the moment pow days...if the stars align and the creeks don't rise...
-- Get my oldest girls' Colombian boyfriend to LOVE skiing, he's never seen snow but I'm convinced he'll love skiing haha...he's here for a month over Xmas.
-- Get lots and lots of runs with my kiddos...they say I'm too slow b/c I ski the bumps...so have to give in a few times and take the cruisers and fly with them...more parental sacrifice :spread:

WzGy44

Looks like the recurring trend here is to avoid injury so I will continue that. No injuries!

On top of that I want to be able to skin/boot several bc tours that I bushwhacked and discovered this summer around NH.

Ski 50+ days at Cannon

Possibly join a ski club in Bartlett and get some days in at Wildcat.

Make a pro skier Call Out. I'm thinking mikaela shiffrin.

So here's to a safe and productive season

Farleyman

Was going to try for 50 days but took a good digger at highland mountain bike park last week. Knee surgery may be in my future. Maybe I'll try gettin out on a mono-ski???

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone