• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Going to Burke tomorrow, good idea or bad

bdfreetuna

I've been seeing conflicting weather reports. Looks like anywhere between frost-bite cold and "could be worse". I picked up a new face mask (never have used one before). I have 2 sets of boot warmers ready to unleash.

Have not been to Burke since I was a teenager. When I was there it was icy and half the trails were closed. So I will be in the woods as much as possible which might help with the wind.

I'll be riding solo and that's 6 hours of driving at least. Also I have a couple Burke passes I have to use and they aren't blacked out this weekend unlike most other places that accept my Ski VT passes.

Tell me how good it is up there and how the cold really won't be so bad tomorrow.. :spin:

Also I forgot my back still hurts from Berkshire East and my back is in a Home Depot brace. I think I could definitely ski in it.

Savemeasammy

I was at Burke last Saturday. It was supposed to be COLD, but it really didn't seem that bad. The conditions were pretty damn good as you would expect. I was with my wife and 7 year old, so I did a lot more trail skiing than I would have otherwise. I skied Caveman (glade) with my kid which skied really well, and power line (solo) which was fun. One of my favorites was the trail under the HSQ. It had some bumps along with some natural features to jump off. There was a small lift line for most of the day. I'd say max of 10 mins when we first hit the hill around 10:30 mostly due to racers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xwhaler

Lift is fast and comfy so u don't totally freeze riding the lift. I think places that minimize the time on lift this wknd are key. Enjoy Burke! Some fun terrain

ScottySkis

Come to Plattekill . I be their with Cornhead and others half foot fell last night. Place is off the hook now . Tomorrow forecast high for 25 their and snow during the day.