• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good news for Indy pass holder

p_levert

I don't intend to win the lifetime pass. I bet I can beat 16 uses though!!

There may be a consolation prize if you don't make it. I emailed Doug Fish yesterday and suggested that the skier with the most visits should win a free pass for the following season. He responded right away. He said this idea is under active consideration. They were thinking about it for last season, but backed off because the software wasn't quite ready. My take is that this is a 50/50 chance for next season.

2planks2coasts

There may be a consolation prize if you don't make it. I emailed Doug Fish yesterday and suggested that the skier with the most visits should win a free pass for the following season. He responded right away. He said this idea is under active consideration. They were thinking about it for last season, but backed off because the software wasn't quite ready. My take is that this is a 50/50 chance for next season.

Sweet!! Nice digging! Glad there are so many fans of Independent ski resorts here!

chuckstah

I'm thinking about this as my only pass this coming season. 20 days are reasonable under 3 hours. Add a couple more, or road trip, who knows?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

Killingtime

I'm thinking about this as my only pass this coming season. 20 days are reasonable under 3 hours. Add a couple more, or road trip, who knows?

Kinda thinking the same thing after the addition of Cannon. Two or three road trips into New Hampshire. A few to Vermont for Bolton/Magic. Pick up a discounted day pass here and there for anything else I want to do. Use the Indy Pass again to fill in the rest.

chuckstah

Same idea. Then a next season pass somewhere that includes the spring, or a K spring pass for March, April , May if I like how the season is going.

machski

I will probably add it to my New England Platinum given its cost. Would use both days at Abram and Cannon now that it is on, gives me added incentive to hit Magic and NH Black too. Probably hit Pat's as well given its proximity to me. Easily pays for itself

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

jaytrem

Noticed Winterplace, WV and White Pine, WY on the IndyPass website today.

Looks like there are 55 now, last I counted was 52. Maybe added something in the midwest too? So many choices and unknowns this year.

jaytrem

Hmmm, now there are 56. Not sure what was added though. Mid-west maybe?

Cobbold

I seem to remember Doug Fish saying he wanted to limit the total to around 60. Still holding out hope for Platte and/or one or two additional PA hills. Wachusetts would be ok too.

I sent email to Wachusetts asking them to join, they responded with an email that stated we haven’t been asked to join the Indy, I am hoping for Bousquet and west Mtn in queensbury

If you are not part of the epic/ikon pass why wouldn’t you join? Unless of course you are already packed with skiers.

Killingtime

I sent email to Wachusetts asking them to join, they responded with an email that stated we haven’t been asked to join the Indy, I am hoping for Bousquet and west Mtn in queensbury

If you are not part of the epic/ikon pass why wouldn’t you join? Unless of course you are already packed with skiers.

Interesting about Wachusetts. If I were them I'd be calling the Indy Pass people instead of waiting around but maybe they don't need the extra traffic on the mountain. I try to do a Gore trip once a year so having West Mtn would be great too although the vert is a little on the flat side. I know those guys have been working very hard making improvements and I have been interested in going for awhile now. I almost expect Bousquet to be on the Indy this year given the relationship with Catamount/BE. We still have some time.

Killingtime

Just spoke to Doug Fish at the Indy Pass and he said a handful of resorts in the NE are "definitely in play". Some are in wait and see mode because of Covid. Plattekill not likely to sign up though. I'm cool with the current line up. Anything else is just a bonus.

Cobbold

Just spoke to Doug Fish at the Indy Pass and he said a handful of resorts in the NE are "definitely in play". Some are in wait and see mode because of Covid. Plattekill not likely to sign up though. I'm cool with the current line up. Anything else is just a bonus.

Hearing mad river glen would be in yesterday if it weren’t for the coronavirus situation, wonder how many other mtns are in the same boat as mad river glen?

Dickc

I'm having a fusion on my SI joint done August 11. There is a three month no twisting, lifting, bending requirement afterward. So November 11, I can start physical therapy. Give that 8-10 weeks, and MAYBE, just MAYBE by late January I can get a clearance to ski. If COVID is not gumming up the works, this Indy Pass might just be perfect for me. There are 6-8 resorts I can get too without much difficulty, and some have some fairly easy terrain for me to get used to having skis under my feet after 2 1/2 years off of them. Time will tell, but I'm kind of eyeing this pass. The price is certainly right!