• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GoPro mogul edit from Holiday Valley

Blanton

First time trying out a zoom free camera... couple things I will try different next time.

Good times!

Savemeasammy

Dig it! How do you like the world cups outside of the bumps? I ski the classics, and they are a super workout in the crud and corn - otherwise I love them. Are the world cups any better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Dig it! How do you like the world cups outside of the bumps? I ski the classics, and they are a super workout in the crud and corn - otherwise I love them. Are the world cups any better?

I love my F17 WCs everywhere. They won't be any better than the Classics in the crud, but I find them much better in the bumps. They don't carve quite as quickly, but hold an edge really well. I can carve a nice set of railroad tracks on the groomers with them, though it takes more work than the Classics. But in the bumps I find them much more comfortable than the Classics. I'm kind of oldschool... my turn is purely carved from the tip like modern mogul technique, but I like the straighter profile of the WC in general. Also - one of my Classics broke after about 80 days. I must be well over 100 on my WCs with no trouble. Just my .02. Blanton may have more words of wisdom.

On an amusing sidenote, I even ski deep pow on my F17s. I get made fun of, until people try to keep up :lol:

Blanton

I like them, great skis. As with all Harts they have to be stone ground and tuned prior to skiing. The Classics are a better ski for 95% of the people interested in the F17s. Easier to carve and more forgiving in the bumps. I have yet to see a broken pair of World Cups... mine are probably close to 150 days on hard pack snow too.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice work on the video, multiple angles is good! Looks like a lot of fun.

Savemeasammy

What else do you guys ski on that works well in crud, corn, etc. that you also like in the bumps? I love my f17 classics, but they really suck in heavy stuff...!