• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore - 3/19

Bene288

Powder day in the Daks' !
Conditions: About 30 degrees, light wind and puking snow all day.

They got about 8" overnight and it snowed 3-4" while we were there today. Mostly tree skiing, but we skied some of the steeps on Straight Brook and High Peaks. Fresh tracks every run. Burnt Ridge was untouched. Plenty of stashes all over the hill. Tomorrow will be great too, I think they picked up more snow after we left. Here are a few pics:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363745196.340575.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363745356.237492.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363745369.690527.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363745389.934131.jpg

Bene288

Everything was getting a bit tracked toward the end of the day. Probably 90% of the people there today were in the trees. There will be some thin spots, but should still be awesome on Saturday

Smellmymule840

First time post so here it is! The woods at gore were really good today. Not sure why they didn't have a bunch of stuff open, seemed like all the good runs were the closed runs we did. Got in trouble for poaching double barrel. Cleavage, reaper, de ja vu, top secret, big nugget all really good. Chatamac Woods were good to. Everything over at burnt todge was great... cirque woods, sagamore glades. barkeater, untouched at 9 this morning vallius was great as well. Really not sure how conditions were on the trails. Did a few others' there but cant think right now. Oh yeah twister glades to get to BR. I like when they open the top ridge lift line. Gives us a bunch of stuff to huck off. It puked snow for awhile today. This day last year gore closed.... I'd have to say my least part about the day today was that its ending. But doing it all over again tom will suffice.