• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gunstock 3-24

puckoach

Forecast was high of 37, wind 10-15, and partly cloudy.

What we got, was 37-40, wind 5-10, and a blue bird day. Awesome !!

Drove into the lot at 8:10am, already quite a few cars. Start of 7th row.

Had liftopia $52 ticket, and was on Ramrod lift as it opened. About 29 degrees at the time, and all cord. Nice. Couple of runs and the line was building, so with Panorama Peak quad closed, went over to Pistol. Got in three runs there before that line started to build, as Peak was still closed.

Peak opened about 9:30-9:45, and was in a less than 10 minute line for that chair for the rest of the day.

Sun softened up the snow, and it was "spring" conditions thru 1pm, when we had to go.

All was open, plenty of cover. Most of the crowd was on the skiers right. So, left side was open. Big crowd at the tot's area.

Great day.

Last edited:

57stevey

Glad you had a good day, I was there Friday and the place was in great shape. But what is the "peak quad"... Ramrod? And why was it closed? Thanks.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was a little confused by that as well; only because he mentioned the Panorama prior to it.

HD333

Panorama had issues Sunday AM. It was up and running around 10:40 or so. Sunday was a great last day at Gunstock for us. Hero snow all over the mountian. Red Hat had great soft bumps. Glades still had good coverage.
It was tough calling it a season for us at Gunstock with all that snow still on the hill, it felt funny cleaning the lockers out.

puckoach

Sorry about name confusion. Corrected now.

Word was there were a few "sensors" that were acting up. The 10:40 is probably more accurate, as I didn't really check the time it opened, was just guessing.

Bostonian

Panorama had issues Sunday AM. It was up and running around 10:40 or so. Sunday was a great last day at Gunstock for us. Hero snow all over the mountian. Red Hat had great soft bumps. Glades still had good coverage.
It was tough calling it a season for us at Gunstock with all that snow still on the hill, it felt funny cleaning the lockers out.

Well there is still a couple weeks left up there, and my wife is trying to convince me to do the pond skim so she can laugh at me!