• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happy Thanksgiving to all here @AZ

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Just another day here working for the man. Those who have it off, enjoy.

I hear you, I've had the last couple of Thanksgivings off, but that's because I start asking for it off (both jobs) months in advance and making trades for particular days they want off (Halloween is a big one!)

Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving to all :beer:

Paul

Well, as it stands right now, I put myself in the penalty box as a result of an outburst this afternoon just as the maids came in. One of the dogs decided to take a huge wiz on an oriental in the foyer out of nervousness. The wife said she'd clean it up, then proceeded to stand there and chat up the maids on why the dog mighta peed and other unimportant yak. I grabbed the rag outta her hand and cleaned it up before it soaked thru the rug, onto the floor, necessitating my getting the steam cleaner to remove it since she won't do that. I explained the urgency of mopping it up immediately, and thru a few F bombs into the explanation. The head maid decided to quit and they headed out the door. Now, the wife is dissing me and making plans to go out for dinner with her mom. I just spent the last 4.5 hours, cleaning the house top to bottom, including vac, mop, dust, and toilet scrubbage. So I'll prolly whip up something delicious, catch a buzz and watch football games on Thursday. On the bright side, I just saved myself 160/month that'll more than cover my monthly gas and daytrip passes for the winter. And house cleaning is a decent little workout. I'm still trying to decide if I should tell dad to stay in Baltimore, then I can hit opening day at Blue. Or apologize, have to do all the cooking, and veg out on Friday.

In conclusion, I'll wish everyone a great thanksgiving, since I apparently pooched mine and getting laid is a pipe dream.

Understandable, I'm sure that rug really tied the room together.

We make an attempt to take it off every year, but there is always some sewage crisis that sucks us back to work!

Ah, life is good!

shitters.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
I hear you, I've had the last couple of Thanksgivings off, but that's because I start asking for it off (both jobs) months in advance and making trades for particular days they want off (Halloween is a big one!)

Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving to all :beer:

I essentially work Thanksgiving, Mothers Day and Easter and get all the rest off + only have to work about 8 other days a year at the job and get a FAT hotel discount for me and family. It's worth it, especially if J and the future inlaws aren't getting along at family gatherings, which is often :lol:

Understandable, I'm sure that rug really tied the room together.

shitters.jpg

In just a few short days..National Lampoons Christmas vacation will be all over TVLand..in 5th grade,,1989..I saw it twice in the theaters..good mo-fo movie..to this day...

drjeff

Happy Turkey Day everyone! Especially for those who can't/won't be with family + friends.

This year after hosting BOTH Turkey Day and X-Mas for my family last year, I have no Holiday cooking responsibilities and will show up with kids in tow at my parents house Turkey Day, eat, drink and in general watch my kids/nieces + nephews get out all the toys at "grandma and grandpa's house" and then after the obligatory post Turkey nap, leave Southern RI and head upto Vermont with a bunch of leftovers :)

As for getting some Turkey Day action per Marc's request, well, my birthday is Wednesday, so maybe, just maybe if my wife and I can stay awake past midnight, it just might happen ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Chris I

As the resident old guy here let me wish all of you a great Thanksgiving Holiday . In spite of what is often less than great news today, this forum is one bright spot

AZ is made up of some reallly NICE folks who share a love of this sport in common . It allows us to share info , insight , humor and some camaraderie with each other while putting aside our concerns for awhile

I for one truly appreciate and enjoy YOUR wisdom , joshing and enthusiasm .

We all have many things to be thankful for and my wish for you all is peace , health , financial security and a bevy of friends and family to share this great holiday with

Cheers
Warp

THANKS, but I'm jewish:roll:

Sky

...and to all a good night. Ooops, wrong holiday.

Thanks Warp...way to start the thread early! Once the family arrives and the food starts cooking, I'll either be eating or recovering so I can eat more. So now's the time!

To all...Happy Thanksgiving!

To MoeGhoul...flowers pal....you don't want to scar up Thanksgiving man...best of luck.

Jens, *pause*, I hope you, your family, your extended family...and your friends can offer you comfort.

A toast to Colleen!

ctenidae

Yea, when did it become religious?

In Arkansas, you can't buy alcohol on a religious holiday (unless you buy it out of the trunk of the store clerk's car).
You can't buy beer on Thanksgiving (unless you buy it out of the trunk of the store clerk's car).
Ergo, Thanksgiving is a religious holiday.
Besides, who are you thanking for all the good stuff?

(ps: I don't think it shoudl qualify for religious status, either, but I guess it does.)

deadheadskier

Staff member
In Arkansas, you can't buy alcohol on a religious holiday (unless you buy it out of the trunk of the store clerk's car).
You can't buy beer on Thanksgiving (unless you buy it out of the trunk of the store clerk's car).
Ergo, Thanksgiving is a religious holiday.
Besides, who are you thanking for all the good stuff?

(ps: I don't think it shoudl qualify for religious status, either, but I guess it does.)

fair enough, but I don't get the jewish comment unless according to your logic Chris I is pissed off that store clerks in Arkansas don't sell manischewitz wine out of their trunk on thanksgiving.

dmc

fair enough, but I don't get the jewish comment unless according to your logic Chris I is pissed off that store clerks in Arkansas don't sell manischewitz wine out of their trunk on thanksgiving.

The dudes confused...