• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Helicopter at Cannon

granite

For over an hour yesterday there was a helicopter flying over Cannon Mountain taking promotional video. I saw some clips last night and this morning on WMUR NH news in a report for Cannon announcing extending the season by a week (it should be weeks). At one point it flew about 100 feet directly above me and I could feel the down draft from the blades. There's a still shot of one view on the Cannon website. Later in the afternoon the copter, with a long rope attached to it was doing something over on Lafayette, maybe delivering supplies to the Greenleaf Hut.

By the way, skiing was impecable.

JDMRoma

The pics looked awesome on FB....Would love to get a hold of the Hi res images,they'd make some pretty cool Posters and I just happen to have a 40' Epson Printer at my disposal :)

Must have been cool to see the copter over Cannon !

SIKSKIER

This is a view I've never seen before.Took a minute and then realized it was Upper ravine,Skylite,and Profile with a piece of Taft in the right corner.cannon helipic.jpg

Cornhead

I just happen to have a 40' Epson Printer at my disposal :)
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to print in on a Canon printer?:p We've got a large format Epson where I work, 7600, 24". I've printed some cool stuff with it.
Ever heard of Giclee? French for squirt, spurt, or ejaculate.:lol: I've got a print of Bob Dylan that my Sis was commissioned to paint hanging over my desk. It was from a digital photo of the piece, came out pretty good, it looks like you could feel the brush strokes if you touch it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giclée

dylan-painting.jpg

JDMRoma

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to print in on a Canon printer?:p We've got a large format Epson where I work, 7600, 24". I've printed some cool stuff with it.
Ever heard of Giclee? French for squirt, spurt, or ejaculate.:lol: I've got a print of Bob Dylan that my Sis was commissioned to paint hanging over my desk. It was from a digital photo of the piece, came out pretty good, it looks like you could feel the brush strokes if you touch it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giclée

View attachment 12067

Yes the Giclee prints are pretty cool, I have a few customers that use them...Yes a Canon printer would be more appropriate but I dont have one !

Nice Dylan Painting / Print !

Cornhead

Yes the Giclee prints are pretty cool, I have a few customers that use them...Yes a Canon printer would be more appropriate but I dont have one !

Nice Dylan Painting / Print !
Thanks, my Sis is pretty talented, must be the mailman's kid...or I am.:blink:

SIKSKIER

View attachment 12067

Man I love that Dylan print.I'd pay a pretty could price for another one of those.

jaysunn

@Cannonball,
That video was sweet. Does Cannon MT. rely on natural snow as a tremendous amount? I mean maybe, I didnt catch the pole guns, but in that video as it looked all natural. Never been, so maybe just at the peaks?

images.jpeg

jaysunn

Last edited:

Cannonball

@Cannonball,
That video was sweet. Does Cannon MT. rely on natural snow a tremendous amount? I mean maybe, I didnt catch the pole guns but in that video as it looked all natural. Never been, so maybe just at the peaks?

That used to be the case. But these days they bang out a lot of snow. One big downside for operations, but big upside for tree skiers, is that it's so freaking windy there it's hard to keep snow of the trails but the woods build a great base!! Give it a few weeks and it will be pretty evident how much they make....and where they don't.

jaysunn

That used to be the case. But these days they bang out a lot of snow. One big downside for operations, but big upside for tree skiers, is that it's so freaking windy there it's hard to keep snow of the trails but the woods build a great base!! Give it a few weeks and it will be pretty evident how much they make....and where they don't.

Understood, perhaps Sunday?