• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Helmet clotheslines

Cheese

The comments in the table squatters thread about piles of gear reminded me of a simple solution that's far more common in Europe than in New England. Scattered around the lodges in Europe, above the tables, they have ropes stretched between posts and walls like clotheslines. These inexpensive modifications to the lodge allow skiers and riders to clip their helmets to the clothesline and free up table space. Why haven't New England resorts caught on to such a simple solution to table clutter?

Last edited:

jimmywilson69

No one knows what clothes line is anymore!!!

That is the Truth!!! I wanted to install removable clothes line poles in my back yard so the wifey could hang out clothes in the summer and nobody sells them anymore. I was able to find retractable clothes lines, but not poles. We are the only ones in our neighborhood that hangs clothes. My wife and I are 35, so it's not like we are a bunch of olds either.

Cheese

How does the drip drying work? All I can see is folks putting up snow covered gear to melt and drip.

I meant above the tables in height but not really over the seated guests. Often they find ways to suspend them along the walls above or below the windows where they drip harmlessly onto the floor. Keep in mind, this is only for helmets so other than the little snow that packs in the vents, they're fairly dry. Coats still hang on the hooks the same as in our New England lodges. I'm sure if you look around the lodges you visit in New England you'll be able to spot locations where you could easily run a helmet holding clothesline. Simply loop the two sides of the chin strap around the line, snap the strap back together and walk away.

Last edited:

mriceyman

i attach my helmet to my pants pocket zipper,,, otherwise id probably forget it somewhere