• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HGTV Dream House- Stowe, Vt

keyser soze

I just entered on each site. When you go back the next day, do you have to re-enter all of that info or does it somehow remember it?

drjeff

I just entered on each site. When you go back the next day, do you have to re-enter all of that info or does it somehow remember it?

I think I remember reading that on subsequent days all you need to do to re-enter is enter your e-mail address

Mildcat

I just re-entered and as soon as I entered my email addy it automatically filled in the rest of the info.

Anklebiter

My wife and I were joking about the ski dorm concept and kids/friends of kids of various ages. (especially the college dorm style shower set up)

Kids/friends pre-puberty - who cares.

Adolescent Kids/friends mixed sexes - parental supervision in the shower area :eek:

Kids/friends over the age of 18 - parents don't want to know what might go on in the shower area :lol:

You hit that on the head.:smash:

Anklebiter

I think I remember reading that on subsequent days all you need to do to re-enter is enter your e-mail address

As long as your cookies are enabled on your computer. If not, you have to reenter all the information.

jimmywilson69

What would a place like that rent for? You might be easily able to rent it out enough weeks during the year, mostly ski season, and still enjoy plenty of skiing.

Or you take the 2 million or whatever the cash buyout is and buy something reasonable.

I wouldn't neccisarly leave Stowe either. Being from PA, I am a sucker for the New England Charm. Even if it includes snooty rich people!

drjeff

What would a place like that rent for? You might be easily able to rent it out enough weeks during the year, mostly ski season, and still enjoy plenty of skiing.

Or you take the 2 million or whatever the cash buyout is and buy something reasonable.

I wouldn't neccisarly leave Stowe either. Being from PA, I am a sucker for the New England Charm. Even if it includes snooty rich people!

Being an owner of a 2nd home in ski country, even in a facility with an on-site rental department with 240 units, and a nice place with a good rental track record, pretty much the only thing *might* be able to be sure of rental wise is Christmas and Presidents weeks. Other than that a place could sit unrented for the balance of the ski season (that's my many an owner who doesn't plan on using their place much will look towards a seasonal renter.

Anyone that has a property in ski country with the hopes of either making more in rental income than it costs them in mortage/taxes/up keep (or atleast trying to break even) is realistically living in a fantasy world

deadheadskier

Staff member
I know if I were to win such a house, I'd have to sell it. I'd certainly be tempted to quit my job and enjoy it for a winter. Especially because it is in Stowe where I lived for several years and enjoyed my ski bum years.

drjeff