• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Honestly, what do you think?

deerhuntinghippie

My wife and I shot this 5 minute short "film" about nature and what the remaining wild places of the world mean to us. It started out as a poem that I worked on and completed while on stand hunting here in Georgia while reflecting on our growing detachment from it all as a species. It was our first time attempting a project this immense and having our 2 small children with us during nearly every outing made it even more of a challenge. In hindsight, there are many things I would do differently today. Some of the clips would have coincided with the poem better could I have had the means to travel to wilder country. It was also my first time editing audio. Some have told me the poem is hard to hear in a few places. You can find it in the description if there's a certain line or word you can't make out. Anyways, I hope it resonates with some of you. Most of my videos are goofy and playful but this project came straight from my heart.
*https://youtu.be/E9aAR69ONFE

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk