• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Many Ski Areas have you Skied?

Cornhead

31, hope to make Magic, Cannon, and Titus 32, 33, 34 this year.

This question was posed last year I think and it made me sit down and list where I've skied. If you include Tucks and Mt Greylock I've skied 56 areas. Ironically, some smaller areas so close to me in New England are places I've never skied. Hoping to change that this year!

snosharkrider

i never counted before...so let's see:

east: smuggler's notch, jay peak, stowe, sugarbush, killington, stratton, magic, okemo, bromley, mt snow, pico, kings' ridge (extinct), pat's peak, camelback, jack frost, shawnee and bell mountain (NJ - long extinct and more a bump than a mountain).

west: vail, a-basin, beaver creek, homewood, squaw valley, alpine meadows, northstar, diamond peak, heavenly, kirkwood.

europe: sass fe, cervina, chamonix, val d' isere = 31 total.

good question...never would have thought to count 'em up.

farlep99

jay peak, stowe, sugarbush, killington, magic, okemo, bromley, mt snow, mad river, sunday river, attitash, waterville valley, camelback, jack frost, spring mtn, elk, blue mtn, roundtop, shawnee, gore, hunter, mountain creek, timberline, whitegrass, alta, snowbird, zell am see, zermatt, cervinia, st. anton, lech/zurs

I guess I'm @ 31. There's a good chance I forgot a few in there.

xwhaler

MA: Bradford, Nashoba, Wachusett
NH: Pats Peak, Cranmore, Wildcat, Black Mt, Attitash, Bretton Woods, Cannon, Waterville, Loon, Tenney, Gunstock, Sunapee, Whaleback, King Ridge, Ragged
VT: Magic, Okemo, Mt Snow, Killington, Pico, Sugarbush, Burke, Jay, Smuggs, Ascutney, Bolton Valley
ME: Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Saddleback, Shawnee Peak

Out West: Snowbird, Alta, Whistler, Mt Hood Meadows
Total: 37

Last edited:

4aprice

Bring up the old thread. I think I was somewhere around 85. Good question by ST about the European resorts counted as one or more. Almost like every little village has their own lift connected to a bigger resort. Would have to add one more to my list as I got to 7 Springs Pa for a race last year. Will be going to Wisp this year for the same reason.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Bring up the old thread. I think I was somewhere around 85.

Yeah, I detailed it in that old thread, I haven't checked since then. I'm probably somewhere between 125-130 ski areas. Added Loon and Attitash NH last season...added two in West Virginia a few weeks ago. :D

Good question by ST about the European resorts counted as one or more. Almost like every little village has their own lift connected to a bigger resort.

I've counted 4 in one day (I was there for 6 days) at Les Trois vallées (Val Thorens, Meribel, Les Menuires and Courchevel - France), however any of those four is bigger than Killington. However on the same trip, I counted Flégère and Le Brévent as one ski area - skied in the same day on a combined ticket (actually lift ticket was for all ski areas in Chamonix), maybe I should have counted it as two separate ski areas? :eek::

Last edited:

dmc

oooh... my turn...

NJ
Vernon Valley
Hidden Valley

Ohio
Boston Mills

PA
Camelback
Big Boulder
Shawnee
Jackforst
Blue

NY
Hunter
Windham
Plattekill
Gore

VT
Killington
Stowe
Sugarbush
Jay
Pico

CO
Breck
ABasin
Copper
Loveland
Crested Butte
Telluride
Aspen Highlands
Snowmass
Aspen Mountain
Winter Park
Vail
The Beav

WY
Jackson fucking Hole
Snow King
Grand Targhee

Montana
Big Sky
Bridger Bowl

CA
Squaw
Kirkwood
Alpine Meadows
Heavenly
Homewood
Sugarbowl
Northstar
Diamond Peak

Canada
Whistler
Blackcomb
Fernie
Panarama
Kicking Horse
Sunshine Vilage

Austira
Axamer Lizum
Ischgl
Stubai
Kitzbühel
Seegrube-Hafelkar

Argentina
Las Lenas

Kashmir/India
Gulmarg

United Arab Emirates
Mall of the Emirates(Dubai)

farlep99

Bring up the old thread. I think I was somewhere around 85. Good question by ST about the European resorts counted as one or more. Almost like every little village has their own lift connected to a bigger resort. Would have to add one more to my list as I got to 7 Springs Pa for a race last year. Will be going to Wisp this year for the same reason.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I did it this way- counted Lech/Zurs as one area because the towns are really close to each other & easily ski-able to one another. Although they're on the same lift pass as St. Anton. The difference is that you have to take a 20 or so min bus ride to get to Lech/Zurs from St. A, so I counted them as two. Of course you can ski from St. A to Lech, but it's backcountry & requires a guide.

It's easy to ski from Zermatt to Cervinia, but you have to pay extra for a Cervinia lift pass, so for me having to pay, I count that as two.

Not saying this is the right way, but it feels about right. Even though Mt. Snow & Haystack were on the same pass for a while, I'd consider them 2 separate areas. Ditto Killington/Pico

boston_e

I did this one time (prob in the last thread)... my number was not as high as I would have guessed... but lets see:

ME: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
NH: Wildcat, Cranmore, Black, Cannon, Waterville Valley, King Pine, Pats Peak, Gunstock, Crotchet
MA: Wachusett, Nashoba, Prospect Hill (now on NELSAP)
VT: Jay, Killington, Sugarbush, MRG, Stowe, Okemo, Stratton, Magic, Pico
Nova Scotia: Ski Martock
Canada: Whistler/Blackombe
Utah: Snowbird, Park City, Canyons, Solitude
CO: Breckenridge, Copper, Vail, Snowbird
Tahoe: Kirkwood, Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley, Heavenly

Other: Heli Trip in AK

So... 37 plus heli...

There might be a couple I'm forgetting.... will edit if so!

wa-loaf

I got to 52 on the facebook thing. I've got a few more that weren't there and the Europe areas are tough because they list a bunch of areas the kind of can be lumped into regions. So it's really impossible to keep an accurate count there.

643937_4505472168448_1987125652_n.jpg

Treeskier

VT 16 Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, Jay, Smugs, Stowe, Killington, Okemo, Straton, Bromley, Majic, MT Snow, Hay Stack, Timberline, Burke, Bolton, Pico,
NH 9 King Ridge, Cannon, Attitash, Wild Cat, Sunippi, Gun Stock, Loon, MT Washington, Waterville
ME 4 Black, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Saddle Back
MA 7 Boston Hill (first), Nashoba, Birshire East, Marlboro Town Hill, Jimeny Peak,[FONT=arial,]Wachusett, [/FONT]Butternut
NY 5
Georgia 1
Utah 9
WY 2
Colorado 7
Tahoe 6
BC 7
Europe 10
Chile 3

I think that makes 79