• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Many Skis or Boards do you Own?

How many sets of skis or snowboards do you own?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 5.6%

Votes: 12 22.2%

Votes: 9 16.7%

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

57stevey

Rossignol S3 for soft snow and tight spaces
Nordica Top Fuels for everything else

C-Rex

Three boards in the active quiver:
2014 Lib Tech T.Rice Pro Horsepower 153 is my new everyday board.
2008 Burton Custom 158 is my powder/rock board.
2009 Burton T6 156 is my alternate everyday. Good for ripping groomers at high velocities or possibly some racing this year.

I have kept every board I've ever had since the beginning. I have a Palmer Carbon Circle 154, a Ride something 152 and, my first and favorite board, an Evol Brad Gross 150. It has dogs playing poker and dogs playing pool on the base. Such an awesome graphic.

snoseek

I only have two. A pair of 4frnt msp in a 187 length as my everyday ski/rock ski. These are beat to shit with close to 200 days on them now. Also as a softer snow ski a pair of fatypus dsender in a 194 length. These are just awesome for steep pow charging. I'm going to need to buy some stuff next summer however

Hawkshot99

2014 Volkl Kendo
2014 Rossi Soul 7
2014 Fischer RC4 gs
2008 scott P3(rock ski)
2003?k2 axis
2000? Rossi cut

Next time I clean the garage the rossi and K2 will be tossed.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Rowsdower

Three boards in the active quiver:
2014 Lib Tech T.Rice Pro Horsepower 153 is my new everyday board.
2008 Burton Custom 158 is my powder/rock board.
2009 Burton T6 156 is my alternate everyday. Good for ripping groomers at high velocities or possibly some racing this year.

I have kept every board I've ever had since the beginning. I have a Palmer Carbon Circle 154, a Ride something 152 and, my first and favorite board, an Evol Brad Gross 150. It has dogs playing poker and dogs playing pool on the base. Such an awesome graphic.

Evol... now there's a throwback!

My first was some cheap Nitro 156 that I absolutely rode to death. It was wide with a set back stance, and I learned to snowboard on a mountain with 500' of vertical that gets less than 30" of snowfall a year. The thing was a boat but man did I have some fun times on it.

xwhaler

Surface Watch Life 182cm, 100 waist (everyday, only ski I use now)
K2 Axis X circa '01? 187 cm, big heavy stiff groomer ski I never beak out anymore. This ski rips though hard pack.

planb420

I started out on a K2 Comet and some Liquid Binders :) Thrashed on some homemade rails till the edges popped out:evil:

C-Rex

Evol... now there's a throwback!

My first was some cheap Nitro 156 that I absolutely rode to death. It was wide with a set back stance, and I learned to snowboard on a mountain with 500' of vertical that gets less than 30" of snowfall a year. The thing was a boat but man did I have some fun times on it.

Best. Graphic. Ever.

evolBradGross.JPG

KD7000

I have recently narrowed the collection down to just my 3 active items: 1 set of DH skis, 1 snow board and 1 set of BC XC skis.

I don't regret clearing out any old skis or boards, as they never got used as backups. The only thing I regret getting rid of was my first snowboard. Had a Barfoot 161cm Twin Tip, circa ~1986. It was stupid to sell that thing.

C-Rex

I have recently narrowed the collection down to just my 3 active items: 1 set of DH skis, 1 snow board and 1 set of BC XC skis.

I don't regret clearing out any old skis or boards, as they never got used as backups. The only thing I regret getting rid of was my first snowboard. Had a Barfoot 161cm Twin Tip, circa ~1986. It was stupid to sell that thing.

Most of my old boards I don't really care about. I'm just keeping them because one day I plan to put them all on the wall in my bar room.

snosharkrider

5 total as of now but always looking

1) Line Prophet 90s (179)
2) Rossignol 4S (195) - although they are semi-officially retired and most likely will become wall art soon.
3) A 188cm monoski for the powder
4) A 180cm twin tip monoski for spring bumps
5) A 188cm monoski I left in Tahoe 2 years ago that I really need to get reacquainted with soon.

4aprice

I'm not worthy of this board as I only have 1. Atomic Metron 9's which I love. I have bought so much equipment for my kids especially the boy with the racing that my wife and I are negligent about updating our own equipment. As the nest empties I'm sure we will update it all.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

DPhelan

2 tele and 2 alpine with current bindings, about 15 or so other pairs that have been collecting dust before eventually being turned into Adirondack chairs sometime within the next 2 decades

KD7000

Most of my old boards I don't really care about. I'm just keeping them because one day I plan to put them all on the wall in my bar room.
And that's a legitimate use. :thumbup:

I've generally moved on to a new board before the current one had completely outlived it's usefulness. I actually like selling them because it's nice to pass on a good cheap board for someone else to beat on.

What I find kinda funny are the folks who keep numerous pairs of similarly profiled skis with the well-meaning intent to use them, but you suspect they rarely (or never) do. "I ski them all! These are my pre-season grass skis, this is my mid-winter set, and those are my post-season dirt skis!"

Then again, I'm a bit hypocritical because at one point I had five bicycles- and I certainly didn't use them all. I'm down to three now.

wa-loaf

180 Volkl Racetiger GS - racing only
175 Fischer Progressor 9+ - hard snow ski
186 Fischer Watea 94/with Dukes - not using much right now, for sale.
188 Rossi Soul 7 - new soft snow/pow/tree ski
198 K2 Merlin IV (from 1997) - taking up space, but I knock the piezio sensors every once in a while and they still light up ...

Warp Daddy

2 prs Atomic SX 10 , my everyday skis , i rotate em
Dynastar 63's rock skis
2 prs of XC one 215 cm Karhu w/ step in bindings and another pr Karhu 210 cm w/ old nordic norm 3 pin ...yep these are antiques !

NEED to get a decent pr of rockered fatties for kicks at a sale