• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much rain before the snow???

gregnye

This storm tonight is kind of nerve-racking. I am 100% going to killington tomorrow anyway (already booked) but I really hope that it turns to snow before the rain wipes out all the base again!! :mad:OMG clouds, make up your mind!

What do you guys predict will happen?

ScottySkis

Well I know Mountain snow is supposed to get about 5-9 inches of snow tonight. You can check Snowforecast. Com or High peaks from NOAA Killington mountain for more details I think you be enjoying because higher elevation hills should get the most snow. Have fun times at K.

dmw

I just looked at radar and it looks like snow there. And for some reason the winter weather alert on my Weather Channel app makes a bigger deal of that area than other parts of Vermont - the snow may be wet, but I think you'll be in luck. I'm hoping to hit a jackpot at Sunday River.

Savemeasammy

One of the weather related pages I follow on Facebook (famous internet skiers) singled Killington and Pico out as some of the places to benefit the most from this storm due to high ratios - they say 6-10. Should be a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

Well I know Mountain snow is supposed to get about 5-9 inches of snow tonight. You can check Snowforecast. Com or High peaks from NOAA Killington mountain for more details I think you be enjoying because higher elevation hills should get the most snow. Have fun times at K.

The snow started falling at the Summit about 2PM today at Mount Snow. By 3:30 the snowline made it all the way down to the base (at first the snowline was roughly even with the top of Canyon and Nitro quads) with light rain below that. As I type this at 5:45PM its puking big snowflakes here with about 2-3" on my back deck at 2200' (I'm about 300 feet above the base of Mount Snow)

It's not light fluff by any means, but its piling up right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

at 5:45PM its puking big snowflakes here with about 2-3" on my back deck at 2200'

Hopefully it's going to get colder there (I imagine it will as nightfall approaches). When you have "big" snowflakes, that often a danger sign that you're dancing close to the r/s line.

dlague

Well it looks like Sunday River was really in the sweet spot. Jay Peak oddly enough got mostly rain and froze quickly - kind of messed them up a bit. Snow totals are all over the map with Killington reporting 6" Okemo 10", Sunday River 11"