• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How not to teach your kid to ski

BenedictGomez

That makes me angry just watching.

And instead of screaming, "PIZZUHHH", why not catch up to the kid and slow him down?

Oh, that's right, because he's an idiot.

lou12572

it also looked as if when the kid din't do a high five
the idiot smacked the kids pole away and tried for
another hi 5, what a dufe

legalskier

Why would someone post this? "Pause it at 0:43.," as one comment suggests.

MadMadWorld

This is awful. The sad part is that kid will either be scared out of his mind the next time he is on skis or will never want to go again. On a side note, why was the guy turning while trying to catch up to the kid? If that was my child and they were skiing out of control with a giant island of rocks close by, I would be hauling ass to catch him. Completely irresponsible.

drjeff

The dumb a$$ Dad should of spent the $$ he dropped for the GoPro on some lessons for his kid!

wa-loaf

The dumb a$$ Dad should of spent the $$ he dropped for the GoPro on some lessons for his kid!

Not even the go pro, the kids got a pretty fancy helmet and goggles going there. Bet the skis and boots are brand new too.

hammer

Is it possible he did and that the kid just panicked on a faster slope? Not excusing the Dad (or the other person who let the kid go in the first place).

SkiFanE

Is it possible he did and that the kid just panicked on a faster slope? Not excusing the Dad (or the other person who let the kid go in the first place).

I'm no brainiac...but we would not move our kids up to steeper stuff until they could STOP on easy stuff. But if I had a dime for every dumb thing I've done with my kids, I'd be rich...so I shouldn't judge.

drjeff

I'm thinking that as a parent, if YOU have to bear hug your kid inside of your wedge to keep him from taking off down the slope before you even start venturing down it, that probably should be a sign that the kid isn't ready for that trail!

And I know from personal experience that the GoPro can make a slope looking flatter than it really is, but that trail looked mighty flat if you ask me.

Sounds more like the classic case of the parent wanting to get the not yet ready kid up to the top since the parent was bored with the beginner slope

MadMadWorld

He was being held between the legs of another adult at the beginning of the video. That just tells me that child does not have the muscle strength in his legs to keep himself from going down the hill. If a child can't stop himself from a stationary position than how in the hell is he going to do it on a trail like that?! There is no excuse for this.

Oops! I missed the previous post. Definitely on the same page though!

hammer

I'm no brainiac...but we would not move our kids up to steeper stuff until they could STOP on easy stuff. But if I had a dime for every dumb thing I've done with my kids, I'd be rich...so I shouldn't judge.

I'm thinking that as a parent, if YOU have to bear hug your kid inside of your wedge to keep him from taking off down the slope before you even start venturing down it, that probably should be a sign that the kid isn't ready for that trail!

And I know from personal experience that the GoPro can make a slope looking flatter than it really is, but that trail looked mighty flat if you ask me.

Sounds more like the classic case of the parent wanting to get the not yet ready kid up to the top since the parent was bored with the beginner slope

He was being held between the legs of another adult at the beginning of the video. That just tells me that child does not have the muscle strength in his legs to keep himself from going down the hill. If a child can't stop himself from a stationary position than how in the hell is he going to do it on a trail like that?! There is no excuse for this.

Oops! I missed the previous post. Definitely on the same page though!

Just trying to give the parent(s) the benefit of the doubt...or maybe I find it hard to believe that parents would subject their kids to this kind of experience. I had similar experiences as a young kid (with swimming and boating instead of skiing) and I know it doesn't end well.

legalskier

If you do, you'll notice that Gopro dude's ski tips say "Ski MAD," as in-

mad_magazine.eps.png

Seems like I'm the only one who's suspicious that this could be a spoof. A sick spoof for sure, but that's what MAD is known for. Maybe that's what explains why someone would post it.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
listening to that guy scream makes me crazy. glad the kid is ok, hopefully he gets back on those skis.