• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How were conditions this past weekend after R@!n?

Killington showing their commitment to trying to make it through spring, blowing SS and OL all weekend with great skiing on both.

Attachments

• IMG_20160207_133626.jpg
    IMG_20160207_133626.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20160207_134721.jpg
    IMG_20160207_134721.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 129

prsboogie

Attitash Thursday was soft, about 40 degrees at the base. Tim's Trauma was still bulletproof though.

Sunday River was windy as shit on Friday. Can't remember seeing sooooo many trails with grass showing. They were blowing on Barker, North, Spruce and Locke, couldn't make it to Aurora with the wind (I was with my 7 and 9 to and didn't need that drama).

Cranmore on Saturday was edgeable all day with patched of glacier here and there. Much warmer day too.

Quietman

Crotched was very nice on Sunday. A few high traffic zones were slick, but most of the hill was soft and well covered. After being spoiled so much by last year's amazing glade skiing, skiing on the groomers just isn't the same, but still fun none the less. My one attempt into the trees resulted into a quick escape after about 30', 4 inches of pow, no base. But I still had to try! :)

dlague

Crotched was very nice on Sunday. A few high traffic zones were slick, but most of the hill was soft and well covered. After being spoiled so much by last year's amazing glade skiing, skiing on the groomers just isn't the same, but still fun none the less. My one attempt into the trees resulted into a quick escape after about 30', 4 inches of pow, no base. But I still had to try! :)

I think there have been many glade attempts with similar results.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

yeggous

I think there have been many glade attempts with similar results.

I've only had one successful glades day all season and that was two weeks ago at Bretton Woods.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

rocks860

I stayed at LP since Slidebrook isn't running and LP had minimal crowds anyway. I was quite sad as well to see how much of a hit the natural trails took. I left early Sunday to be home for the Super Bowl, so I was one of those people that made it look like a ghost town by 11. I had a feeling it would be pretty empty this weekend when I woke up Saturday morning and saw 30% or so of my condo parking lot still empty.

Man I didn't realize it when I was there but I guess I was super lucky with the week I was at sugarbush. By the end of the week things were kind of icy but the beginning of the week was great and I got to ski MRG for 3 bucks

chuckstah

Know a lot of people here don't go to Loon much but any reports from there would be appreciated...planning on going on Thursday. Guessing it will be groomed hardpack.

Loon skied better than expected today, but variable depending where you were. They got an inch or 2 overnight, and light snow continued til about noon, when the sun came out. S. Peak was mainly ungroomed with guns recently on all terrain. I found this pod best with nice soft snow and wHales to have fun on.
On the main mountain, trails that have been refreshed had the inch or 2 on a firm, but very edgeable base. On trails without a recent refresh it was dust on a very firm, but still edgeable base. Trails groomed late were best. No bumps to be found on open terrain as even the seeded course on lower Flume was flattened for snowmaking. Middle Dipper looked bumped up decently with the fresh on top but was closed. It was most likely rock hard underneath the tempting topcoat. No liftlines anywhere on the chairs. Gondy 2-4 cabin wait at times. Worth the trip.

dlague

Not that there a boat load of people heading to Pats but they left things natural for the most part. Groomed all the easy trails from what I could see from a distance and they groomed the park. Everything skied nice with the exception of Hurricane where the moguls setup hard and the 3-4 inches of snow got pushed off real fast. Got boring fast though.

hammer

Loon skied better than expected today, but variable depending where you were. They got an inch or 2 overnight, and light snow continued til about noon, when the sun came out. S. Peak was mainly ungroomed with guns recently on all terrain. I found this pod best with nice soft snow and wHales to have fun on.
On the main mountain, trails that have been refreshed had the inch or 2 on a firm, but very edgeable base. On trails without a recent refresh it was dust on a very firm, but still edgeable base. Trails groomed late were best. No bumps to be found on open terrain as even the seeded course on lower Flume was flattened for snowmaking. Middle Dipper looked bumped up decently with the fresh on top but was closed. It was most likely rock hard underneath the tempting topcoat. No liftlines anywhere on the chairs. Gondy 2-4 cabin wait at times. Worth the trip.
Thanks for the update...