• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter-12/24/13

JimG.

Staff member
It did not suck. Considering the warmth and rain, I was expecting the worst. After spring skiing Sat/Sun, I expected boilerplate with the cold temps.

Silly me. The Hunter blizzard was in full force. Soft manmade snow on Minya, HBK, Ike. 42nd Street was great! Kudos to Hunter when deserved...awesome recovery! Even trails with no snowmaking love skied OK.

Tomorrow is going to be better.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
It did not suck. Considering the warmth and rain, I was expecting the worst. After spring skiing Sat/Sun, I expected boilerplate with the cold temps.

Silly me. The Hunter blizzard was in full force. Soft manmade snow on Minya, HBK, Ike. 42nd Street was great! Kudos to Hunter when deserved...awesome recovery! Even trails with no snowmaking love skied OK.

Tomorrow is going to be better.

Good to hear. So by Thursday morning, it should be pretty good! Kudos should always be given when deserved!

JimG.

Staff member
Already pretty good.

Going to be amazing tomorrow. Probably just awesome today with no crowds.

Powderhound

Today was outstanding. The Hunter blizzard was still dumping. Soft bumps on Cliff made it the ROD.

Already pretty good.

Going to be amazing tomorrow. Probably just awesome today with no crowds.

And it was. Cliff, Ike and Wayout. All powdery goodness, along with 42, Eastside. tomorrow will be great on Upper Cross, Clairs and Racers

ScottySkis

And it was. Cliff, Ike and Wayout. All powdery goodness, along with 42, Eastside. tomorrow will be great on Upper Cross, Clairs and Racers

Great seeing Hunter with excellent trip reports, I will get their maybe on New year's day, be cool if Hunter regulars from here maybe I take turns with that be sweet.