• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 2/10

dmc

There was no lift evac..

i had heard the guy hurt on 44 was medevac'd.. I was wrong.

kingslug

There was no lift evac..

i had heard the guy hurt on 44 was medevac'd.. I was wrong.
I was back there all day, most of the patrollers where dealing with this. I have no idea why anyone would even think of going down that trail..it was all rocks..looks like he cut in from Clairs owards the bottom thinking there was enough coverage..there where several tracks from others but I guesss they got lucky...a lot of people where tryin to hit things all over the place..and ending up sliding on rocks..this kind of snow sticks to..nothing...

catskillman

Still something missing - I know folks that were bused out. The lift was not running for some reason. Was it because this was so gruesome - mabye?

Still something missing - I know folks that were bused out. The lift was not running for some reason. Was it because this was so gruesome - mabye?

Different days. Lift was offloaded and closed for a time on Friday. Poaching accident happened on Saturday.

dmc

Are you Maury Povich or something? You strive for that negative story...

catskillman

Different days. Lift was offloaded and closed for a time on Friday. Poaching accident happened on Saturday.

makes total sense now - I knew folks that got bused out on Friday so I knew the lift was down. Saturday was the snow day so it makes sense that noone would poach 44 on Friday, that would have been insane.

Thanks