• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 5/29/06 - Memorial Day

redalienx11

Website
www.alaskamountainguides.com
Date(s) Skied: 5-29-06

Resort or Ski Area: Hunter

Conditions: Spring

Trip Report:

Got out for some 90 degree hiking and skiing. Lots of fun. There was about a 200 foot section of snow on Helgate. You could literally watch it melt before your eyes.

da24e182.jpg

92488d52.jpg

d8f6bb5d.jpg

tirolerpeter

Hunter on Memorial Day

Why did you hike up in your ski boots? Wouldn't it have been easier to carry them up and put them up next to the glacier for your 200' of turns? You truly are dedicated!

dmc

tirolerpeter said:
Why did you hike up in your ski boots? Wouldn't it have been easier to carry them up and put them up next to the glacier for your 200' of turns? You truly are dedicated!

Tele boots... Easy to climb in..

dmc

redalienx11 said:
Right on. My boots are the heaviest gear I bring, so putting them in my pack is more awkward and cumbersome then it's worth. Works the quads too.

Yup... I've climbed to the "patch" in tele boots before..
No problem...

You coming to mountain Jam this weekend?

dmc

redalienx11 said:
Im got tix for Saturday. Should be fun...specially if the rain holds up. Hmmmmm maybe some AM turns.....or maybe I should just camp for the morning for good seats.

I'm playing the skiing by ear...
Going to hit the DJ Logoc thing Friday night in the lodge.. And some of my friends are the warmup act - so it should be pretty good... It will be a late night. :beer:

NYDrew

Boots are awkward to carry, and teleboots are very east to walk in.

For those of you who have not seen a teleboot up close, the toe is hinged such that you can almost walk normal in them. Overall, they are very light weight, about the weight of a heavy steel toed work boot and they have treads on the bottom which are cut for walking.

Personally though, I would still carry my boots on my back pack straps.