• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter is making snow - 11/17/20

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
So some things never change.

Here we are monday looking at the chance of a rain/ice even for the up coming weekend....

Anyone know what Hunter is charging for a day pass? If it doesn't rain Saturday, hoping to start the season there.
Apparently, Vail wants it to be a big secret, tix go on sale tomorrow, I guess then you will know......................let the games begin!!

cdskier

So some things never change.

Here we are monday looking at the chance of a rain/ice even for the up coming weekend....

Anyone know what Hunter is charging for a day pass? If it doesn't rain Saturday, hoping to start the season there.
Day tickets for the Vail resorts go on sale tomorrow. As far as I know, they're not releasing any of the prices until they go on sale. (Unless someone heard some insider info from someone that works at the resorts).

da-bum

Would 12/9 be a bad day to go skiing? I usually go on the least crowded days to avoid any kind of beginners or large groups that congregates in the middle of the slope. Usually, any early season wednesday would be as empty as it gets, but with the anticipation of re-opening after being closed for so long, along with the slope being open to block reservation and day pass skiers, it might be a mad-house on the lift, especially when they are only putting one group per chair, no matter how small the group. Kind of got spoiled skiing directly to the chair (especially in the north). I think I am minimizing having lunch in the lodge this year.

tnt1234

Scratch my Hunter plans....Bell supposed to open tomorrow. And the weather improved to PM showers Saturday. Hope to start season Sat. AM at Bell.

cdskier

This is actually shocking...Hunter day ticket prices seem to be $62 midweek and $79 weekend if purchased far enough in advance. Not sure what they go up to as you get closer or how quickly those "cheapest" tickets will disappear, but relatively speaking that is actually not terrible. (Plattekill is $82 weekend for comparison and Belleayre ranges from $76 to $90 for currently on sale weekend dates)

Jersey Skier

Any idea what might be open at Hunter tomorrow? Not keen on driving 2 1/2 each way for one or two ways down.

kingslug

looking good so far
Hell I drove 4 hours for 1 way down at Gore and it was great.
Usually they open belt and Hellgate to mainline down through Kennedy. But temps are great so they may get a few more open. Just go..you won't regret it.

da-bum

When is the north going to open? Are they making snow there? That's my goto mountain to escape from the crowd, and also the shade keeps the snow firm. Also, the closeness of the parking lot might make it the preferred location to park our base lodge.

Funky_Catskills

I think North will open for the weekend. We walked over there 2 days ago and they hadn't gotten down to the lift yet with snowmaking.
Parking lot is barely used.. Works out...