• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter North

So Inclined

So the new area will consist of 5 new trails and a six pack high speed lift! I think a high speed quad would have been sufficient! How about just a high speed quad and remodel the bathrooms!

"The new lift will transport guests from the base of Hunter North to the intersection of the existing Belt Parkway and Way Out trails.

Don't f*** up White Cloud, don't f*** up White Cloud....

Access to Hunter North will be available from the summit of Hunter Mountain via the intermediate White Cloud trail

Apparently - hopefully? - this means the uphill terminal will be below White Cloud? On the downhill (skiers' left) side of Belt?

catskillman

So the new area will consist of 5 new trails and a six pack high speed lift! I think a high speed quad would have been sufficient! How about just a high speed quad and remodel the bathrooms!

or maybe fix the lifts you have now!!! and raise your employee rage rate so you can get competent folks that will work and will show up so you can run lifts when you have the customers for them........

catskillman

"The new lift will transport guests from the base of Hunter North to the intersection of the existing Belt Parkway and Way Out trails.

Don't f*** up White Cloud, don't f*** up White Cloud....

Access to Hunter North will be available from the summit of Hunter Mountain via the intermediate White Cloud trail

Apparently - hopefully? - this means the uphill terminal will be below White Cloud? On the downhill (skiers' left) side of Belt?

You will no longer be able to get to Wayout from White Cloud went this expansion is done.

skimagic

Supposed to be in for next season? Quite a bit of work, it took okoemo a number of years to finish the last trail expansion.Image_cont_9f9d912c8b5aefe94cb7d2ca6b852f77c8868c29.jpeg

cdskier

That is not enough downhill capacity to warrant a 6-pack!

I tend to agree.

I really don't understand the obsession with 6-packs lately at some resorts...when/why did they become such a popular option for new lifts?

benski

I tend to agree.

I really don't understand the obsession with 6-packs lately at some resorts...when/why did they become such a popular option for new lifts?

I suspect they are not much more than quads, since a the capacity increase seams to be small due to them typically having fewer chairs. I think the advantage is big groups can sit together and people can have more time to get ready for the chair.

legalskier

Hopefully the "Catskill Heritage Alliance" won't bog Hunter down in court like Belle- the Cats can use some more terrain.

nycskier

That is not enough downhill capacity to warrant a 6-pack!

Because with the new parking lot at Hunter North some people will start their day there. It will be another entry point to the mountain.

It's a shame they can't get the lift to go all the way to the top instead of to the intersection of Belt and White Cloud.

benski

Because with the new parking lot at Hunter North some people will start their day there. It will be another entry point to the mountain.

*Season pass holders.

I don't believe there will be any ticket sales there. I bet there will be lots of tailgates there, like the backside of Greek Peak.