• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's Mt Status and Snow reports

cdskier

Another day it seems without any snowmaking here at Hunter.......:mad:
To be fair, no one in the Cats is making snow right now (Windham says they're resuming tonight, Platty says resuming "midweek"). Humidity is very high and temps are marginal...so hard to blame Hunter on this one (especially with all their neighbors taking the same approach right now).

da-bum

Lift broken today? Base cam shows it either not running or nobody on the chairs

cdskier

Hunter just posted on Twitter that they will not open today... With no explanation.

Announcing you will be closed almost an hour after you're supposed to open...this should be interesting.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Jersey Skier

I have a reservation for tomorrow. Was hoping for my first day of the season. Really don't want to wake up at 5 for a 2 1/2 hour drive to a closed mountain. I really wish there was an easy way to get an Epic pass refund for my unused pass.

abc

I have a reservation for tomorrow. Was hoping for my first day of the season. Really don't want to wake up at 5 for a 2 1/2 hour drive to a closed mountain. I really wish there was an easy way to get an Epic pass refund for my unused pass.
You may get your wish!

7 days of closure is what it takes. Day 1 down. 6 to go. ;)

GregoryIsaacs

Rumor mill is spinning.... a possible ski patrol strike? Is this the first sign of an uprising against Vails management (or lack thereof)?

Funky_Catskills

Lot's of texts this morning... Not sure what to believe.
But the gist is that there are Ski Patrollers that have tested positive for COVID-19 and there may have been an outbreak over Christmas.
I hope everyone is OK. I went ahead and cancelled my weekend days at Hunter for January. I'm not going near the place...

da-bum

I have some days reserved, I might have to drive 2.5 hrs each way everyday just so they could scan me in instead of cancelling, just so that I don't get blacklisted.

cdskier

Hunter has provided a bit of an update...

Hunter Mountain will not be opening today, Jan. 5. The safety of our employees and guests is our top priority and we will always ensure that we have sufficient safety personnel available for mountain operations prior to opening. Unfortunately, this morning at Hunter Mountain, a number of ski patrollers excluded out of work relating to COVID-19 and as such we will not be opening the mountain. Guests who arrived to the resort but were unable to ski or ride are being provided with a complementary lift ticket coupon for use on another day. We will be assessing our ability to operate tomorrow, Jan. 6, and will share that information as soon as possible later today. We sincerely apologize to our guests for the inconvenience.

Funky_Catskills

So if Ski Patrol needs to be tested - they need to quarantine for like 4 days after the test.. I wouldn't plan on Hunter this mid-week...