• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I am creating this thread on my iphone

Greg

Staff member
Are the forums even usable on an iPhone?

I got my wife an iPhone G3 last week. I was shocked how good the forums looked on it. Totally usable. Really a pretty slick little device and pretty fast.

Glenn

I viewed this forum on my BlackBerry earlier this week...it crashed. :spin:

Some forums will dedect if you're on a moble and only load the bare essentials...which is text and a few links. You can't see pics, but you can at least get caught up with who's reading what on the crapper. 8)

BeanoNYC

I viewed this forum on my BlackBerry earlier this week...it crashed. :spin:

Some forums will dedect if you're on a moble and only load the bare essentials...which is text and a few links. You can't see pics, but you can at least get caught up with who's reading what on the crapper. 8)

I can view the forum from my blackberry. It would be better on a "mobile.alpinezone.com" simplified forum, though.

Geoff

I'm a Verizon Wireless customer so no iPhone for me. Until the asset swap between Verizon and AT&T for the Unicel/Rural Cellular Corp customers in Vermont happens, I can't get AT&T Wireless service. I had a Verizon Crackberry until June. The native web browser was barely adequate for message boards. I'm back to lower tech on a Motorola RAZR V3c. I really don't need wireless data at the moment.

FRITOLAYGUY

i have a crackberry and love it, im curious for you iphone users does the screen just get dirty as hell touching it all the time, it seems to me you would have to constantly keep cleaning it no?

MRGisevil

i have a crackberry and love it, im curious for you iphone users does the screen just get dirty as hell touching it all the time, it seems to me you would have to constantly keep cleaning it no?

Actually, no. The screen is still as clean as it was when I got it. Every once in a while I have to give it a little wipe with the edge of a t-shirt. Aside from that, it's fine. The thing's like my life line now.

Greg

Staff member

My wife has these clear plastic overlays for hers. Sounds like you don't really need them though.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I got to AZ on a freinds a few weeks ago..
I access AZ on my personal Treo and work Blackberry too.
I have Cingular/AT&T so apparently my speeds aren't so good.

The script loads take time.. Kinda a pain in the ass...

what speed do you get u get 1.3mb on my blackjack 2. the i phone is useless. there is no easy way to tether it to a laptop. so it is uterly useless to my when i am working.

FRITOLAYGUY

what speed do you get u get 1.3mb on my blackjack 2. the i phone is useless. there is no easy way to tether it to a laptop. so it is uterly useless to my when i am working.

As long as u have bluetooth on your phone and your laptop u can tether the modem, i took it a step further and downloaded the sprint broadband connection manager and now run my bb to my laptop thru the usb cable and use that connection for free, its not as fast as cable but gets the job done, so now my 99$ a month plan with unlimited min, text and data includes unlimited internet on my laptop not a bad deal if u know what u are doin, send me a msg if u need help if your carrier figures out u are doin that without being on the data plan they will backcharge u for every bite used.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
As long as u have bluetooth on your phone and your laptop u can tether the modem, i took it a step further and downloaded the sprint broadband connection manager and now run my bb to my laptop thru the usb cable and use that connection for free, its not as fast as cable but gets the job done, so now my 99$ a month plan with unlimited min, text and data includes unlimited internet on my laptop not a bad deal if u know what u are doin, send me a msg if u need help if your carrier figures out u are doin that without being on the data plan they will backcharge u for every bite used.

i do the same with my with my blackjack. been doing it for a almost a year it is great for when i am on the job site. are you doing it thru DUN or ICS. there is a way to do it with a iphone but its just not as convenient as hooking up the usb cable and hitting connect.

FRITOLAYGUY

i do the same with my with my blackjack. been doing it for a almost a year it is great for when i am on the job site. are you doing it thru DUN or ICS. there is a way to do it with a iphone but its just not as convenient as hooking up the usb cable and hitting connect.

Dun thru the usb, its not that fast but it gets the job done for free